Atari 2600 in Cavalier? hehe - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Atari 2600 in Cavalier? hehe
Friday, December 23, 2005 8:31 PM
I bet you guys never got THIS one before...

Is there ANY way to do it? I know these things used to hook up to the TV using this crazy adaptor, but I don't know if modern monitors are capable of interfacing with it.

I'm a huge 80's fan and I only listen to 80's music, etc.

Having an old school Atari in the Cav would be so sweet!

Re: Atari 2600 in Cavalier? hehe
Friday, December 23, 2005 8:34 PM
Good luck, i have a commador 64 if you want to try that, i have all the games for it too.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 1:33 AM
yes you can!!!
and its not the old, if you have the money/know how

go to radioshack and ask them for something that takes a BNC Coaxial cable to a single RCA, that will go from the atrai box to a normal RCA which can then be used on a norm tv

Saturday, December 24, 2005 6:51 AM
this is easy to do, I had mine hooked up in my crownvic for a while. The easy way is to use an inverter, and then just get a coax-> RCA converter (one that switches channel 3/4 to RCA) and hook it up. Works great. Nothing like old school pole position in your car.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:00 AM
or you could just go out and buy a regular xbox - hack it- add a bigger hard drive- and the emulate every video game system except for ps2 flawlessly.

ive got n64, super nintendo, nes, sega, gameboy advance and regular, atari,commodore on mine. thats alot of damn games.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:11 AM
makoreactor7 wrote:or you could just go out and buy a regular xbox - hack it- add a bigger hard drive- and the emulate every video game system except for ps2 flawlessly.

ive got n64, super nintendo, nes, sega, gameboy advance and regular, atari,commodore on mine. thats alot of damn games.

or install a PC and it works even better

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:28 AM
^^yeah i guess that true too. but i love my xbox... too bad i dont have it installed in my car yet. screens cost to much and i want power windows and locks first.....
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:33 PM
Talk to Craig (FullMetalSeele) hes a friend of mine and has mentioned putting one in.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:34 AM
It has been thought of already.......my friend is in the middle of doing it already. Gonna look pimp when its done. I'm putting a regular NES in mine.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:49 AM
^^not very wise... unless your only going to be playing it whiel parked. my freinds parents had a regular nintendo installed in there van, and lets just say it doesnt work to well while driving. skips just like a jensen cd player.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:39 AM
an atari will never skip unless it ejects the game cart.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:50 AM
i was talking about nes
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:27 PM
I want to put in a PC and wireless internet so I can play the Matrix Online! Then again I'm drunk. And playing the Matrix Online as we speak.
Monday, January 02, 2006 10:16 PM
We have all that at RadioShack... just go in there and tell them what you want to do.. bring your 2600 cord so they can find the right adapter and youll be all set.. be like 5 bucks

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:20 PM
thats assuming the moron at radioshack is halfway intelligent
the ones aroudn here are complete morons

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:25 PM
lol.. thats what I said to bring in the peice.. if I can find my 2600 I will take the cord.. find the number of the part you need.. and you can just take in the cat. number

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search