question about interior neons - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about interior neons
Friday, November 04, 2005 2:17 PM
i just got street glow 9" neons for under the steering columb and glove box and i was wondering where i hook them up to, i know i can hook them up to the lighter but its ugly that way, so i was wondering where else i could hook them up to w/o wires being everywhere and all that, stupid newb question i know but im just curiouse cuz im anxious to put them in

Re: question about interior neons
Friday, November 04, 2005 3:19 PM
You should be able to chop off the cig lighter adapters from them and splice into the cig lighter power wires to power them. Run the wires behind your dash, and be sure to add in a switch if the lights don't have one attached, or else they'll be on whenever your car is.

Friday, November 04, 2005 6:20 PM
Might wanna check in the lighter plug to see if there is a transformer or anything like that. I have seen some with it in there and some with just a fuse.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:32 PM
is there any way to wire them to my headlights so when they go on the neons will go on?
Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:41 PM
Maybe hooking the wire to the headlight fuse or tracing the wire frome the headlight to teh closest part of the interior and splice it into that. would be alot easier to just run a new wire with a toggle switch.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:58 PM
Make sure it's street legal to have such interior lighting while driving. That'd be a silly ticket to get.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 8:15 PM
yea they are street legal here.....unless they are emergancy colors red or blue.......coughwichmineareredcough but i guess no one pays attention to the interior neons, the underbody neons are ilegal here i know for sure but the interiors arnt, and ill have to try to hook it up to the headlight fuse and see wut happens, i figure it would only be on durring the night anyways because u cant see them in the day when they are on as much so itd be perfect. any other options? opinions?
Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:40 PM
I'd personally be annoyed by having them on all the time like that, but to each their own.

You could also get a music interface so they'd beat with your music. I'm considering such a thing for my car, but I'm not sure if it'd work with the LED/neon combination I'll be running for my lights.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:17 AM
as far as having them come on with the headlights, a simple relay would work

and u could still have an override switch if u wanted them off anyways

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search