hitting the brakes = no music - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hitting the brakes = no music
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:01 PM
i just got my altenator replaced in my 2003 cavalier lik a week ago because i was haing this exact same problem. i hit the brakes and my head unit goes out and my gauges freak out as well...... i cant figure this one out... im running a alpine head unit with audiobaun amp and 12' subs....... its not a fuse...and i have checked all wires on my head unit. and they have been rapped with electrical tape.. HELP

Re: hitting the brakes = no music
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:36 PM
maybe a bad ground somewhere?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

ALMOST DONE.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:52 PM
I didn't really pay much attention to the pedals/linkage when I put my cd player in, but do you think it's possible that your brake pedal is tangled up with/interfering with some of your electrical wires?
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:31 PM
no ive take the cd player out and it still does it... well the gauges still do it any way also.. when the bass hits it looks like the blinkers light up just a bit i found this out last night when i was driving... still have no fraking clue..
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:51 PM
Maybe you have a loose wire or something in your engine bay. Braking could cause something that's loose to shift and short out if it hits something, or not ground properly. That's a head-scratcher, man, but probably isn't the alt if the car's doing the same thing with a new one in it.
Monday, September 26, 2005 8:29 AM
Yea man i had the same problem my cd player would go off and my gages would act crazy and my lights would dimmer down alot.. i found a loose wire on the engine ... you just have to look for it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search