Installing a deck on a 2004 Sunfire - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing a deck on a 2004 Sunfire
Monday, September 19, 2005 6:06 PM
I'm looking at installing a deck on my 04 Sunfire. I went to Best Buy and the guy in the car audio department there told me I needed about 200~ in extra parts for an 04 Sunfire, so the total price for a deck came to around 500 bucks. Was he just trying to get me to spend more money? Or is it really that much of a bitch to install a deck on a 04 Sunfire?

Re: Installing a deck on a 2004 Sunfire
Monday, September 19, 2005 6:12 PM
Some of that cost prolly was a chime module, cause when you swap decks, no more door chimes. Rest of it: wiring, adapter plate, antenna adapter, misc costs...

Monday, September 19, 2005 6:30 PM
I was just told that this so called rellocation kit is so that they can move to deck somewhere else and keep the stock cd player in. Can anyone else confirm this?
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:02 AM
ok starting in 2000 with some gm's, and from 2002 up with rest of them; u need for sure a dash kit, antenna adapter. those should be $30 ish. as far as the relocation is true. there are pieces out there that will relocate ur radio to the trunk, its around $100. but its like hooking up an amp. u have to run that cable from ur dash all the way back to ur trunk, so the labor can be high. or there is a piece that allows u not to do that, but it will cost the same cause its more expensive for the peice. he was right, not screwing u. i used to work at a shop as an installer,sales, and then manager. its all gm's.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:21 AM
or you could do what i did and put the factory head unit in the glovebox. the wiring will fit. i hooked up my soundstorm sdvd120 with a fm modulator and it works perfectly. No excessive wiring, not that hard, cheap. Gotta love it.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:18 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a good guide on installing this myself? Everywhere I go charges like 90 bucks for labour, and the cost is already getting high with all this extra crap I gotta buy, I don't want to spend 90 bucks for something I can most likely do myself.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:49 AM
READ THE STICKY ITS THERE FOR A REASON
Friday, September 23, 2005 5:04 AM
email me at dusty9504@netzero.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search