weird sub noises.... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird sub noises....
Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:54 PM
ok i have 2 problems actually....i have a 1500 watt 10 inch sub that is 600w dual 4 ohm voice coils and i had it hooked up in parallel for a 2 ohm load, and i have a 1000 watt@2 ohm mono amp and the voice coil fried on my twice...i asked the guy at the store wat he thought and he said i shud turn down the...god im a newb, that thing that lets u set it from either -22db to +12 on my amp anyway...but like...anyway i had that turned all the way to +12 so i was wonderin if that wud be why they fried.....

and my other problem was that i had my 3000w sub hooked up to that and the amp turned down to about +4 .... and well i was drivin and i heard my sub make a weird noise so i turned the volume down and when the songs not playin but the power to the amp is still on the sub vibrates a little bit...like could that be from wires touchin or some @!#$, like i unhooked it and havent gotten back to rewiring it again cuz my sub jumped around and pulled the wires and they might crossed but idno i kinda took em off in a hurry...but like if u got anything that could help me that'd be great

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Re: weird sub noises....
Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:12 PM
What are the RMS power ratings for your equipment? It sounds like you turned the gains/bass EQ up way too much, causing your amp to clip and fry your sub's coils.
Not sure about your second problem (need more info), but it could be a problem with the amp if the sub "vibrates" with nothing playing. Check your wiring just to be sure.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:31 PM
fox406 wrote:i have a 1500 watt 10 inch sub that is 600w dual 4 ohm voice coils

Am I missing something here?
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:12 PM
That's why I asked for the RMS ratings. Me math's not great, but something isn't adding up.
Friday, September 16, 2005 11:21 AM
lmao @!#$ sometimes i write when im not exactly awake...k the RMS on the sub is 600W....and the continuous output for the amp is 600 @ 2 ohms...max on sub is 1500...max on amp is 1000

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search