alternator swap? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
alternator swap?
Monday, July 25, 2005 11:03 AM
Well apprently bosch make stock replacment high output alts for our cars now but sadly i have the 95 sunfire with 2.2 and its the older style...i was thinking of maybe switching to the 96 style that everyone has since they make a high output for that application..anythingid have to change or is there abig differnce from that alt to mine??phil

Re: alternator swap?
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:56 AM
????anyone is this possible??? phil
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:31 AM
Probably the reason no one answers is because they don't know. I know my alt pretty well (93) but I'm clueless to the others. I'de just ask to see the alternator your thinking of getting next to the one you have in your car now. If the mounts and plugs are the same, your prabably good. If not.......it is probably possible but fabbing up coustom mounts and finding a good wiring diagram in order to connect all the wires correctly would be a huge pain.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 11:35 AM
Well they are pretty much the same..as for the mounts thats no biggie....i can hit up the wrecker and get the stock ones out of a 95 but there are some differnces in the alternators that inm unsure of..ie:

Off of the bosch site.:
AL8591X Reman Alternator CS130; Amps: 105; Internal Regulator; Clock Position: 7:00; Pulley: {1254}; DELCO; 12V; Clock-Wise Rotation Locate Retailer
that is for my stock alternator...
AL8707X Reman Alternator CS130D; Amps: 105; Internal Regulator; Clock Position: 2:00; Pulley: {1280}; DELCO; 12V; Clock-Wise Rotation
so the real differnces other then the shape is the clock position which i have no clue what that is and the pulley which i can just change over to my stock on if they are differnt..does anyone know of a company that makes high output alts for a 95 sunfire???phil
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:37 PM
u can fit a 300 amp gm large case alt i beleive with out any mod. do a seach there have been countless posts about alts and were to get them

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search