I need your guys' skillz... something different - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need your guys' skillz... something different
Monday, September 01, 2008 9:23 PM
Ok I have a 1982 Honda Express moped that I ride to school everyday as well as around campus. (ok go ahead and laugh). Well a lot of my friends and other people I don't even know kinda like it just because it's different and has a sort of nastalgia. Some of my friends who had a tailgaiting club said that I should join them and we could use the moped as a mascot. Now I was already planning on giving it a new paint job, and now I decided to give it a black and gold paint job because a.) Those are my school colors (purdue university), and b.) I think it would look cool anyways lol. The paint job would be really easy and could be completed with about $20 dollars worth of materials at my wal-mart maybe a little more. That would include sanding paper, primer, paint, and maybe a glossy clear coat (not sure though because I may use flat black because it's an older look and I think the oldschool flat black would go with the theme). So anyways here are a few pictures of my moped, well actually identical models to mine. This may be tough because it's a small canvas, but I would like to see kind of paint schemes you could come up with. I was thinking along the lines of a black base coat and gold stripes as well as other touches. I also wouldn't mind putting some other Purdue related stuff on it, if it looks good. Maybe our fight call ("Boiler Up"), the Purdue "P", or something else you could think of. Thanks, and if I use your paintjob I will take a picture of the finished product (as I plan to have it done by saturday, for our first home game), and send it to you in a Purdue picture frame as a thank you

Re: I need your guys' skillz... something different
Monday, September 01, 2008 10:00 PM
just so you know........ those things are freaking amazing lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Monday, September 01, 2008 10:22 PM
just out of curiosity.... how large of a guy are you? I've been looking into a small bike or moped or something just to use for stupid errends around town, but I'm kinda a big guy. I know a small bike would haul me around fine, but I love having something like that. You just don't see them around.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:04 AM

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:32 AM
Pozr wrote:just so you know........ those things are freaking amazing lol

lol believe it or not, that's the kind of reaction i get a lot from my friends and other people around campus.

Sunfiretun3r wrote:just out of curiosity.... how large of a guy are you? I've been looking into a small bike or moped or something just to use for stupid errends around town, but I'm kinda a big guy. I know a small bike would haul me around fine, but I love having something like that. You just don't see them around.

I weight about 190 lb. From looking around the internet, most people say that you're lucky to get 25 mph out of this bike, but I constantly get about 32 mph on a flat surface. You just have to make sure the muffler is clean as it is a 2 stroke and they get clogged easly. I also took off the air box and attached a cone shaped air filter directly to the intake on the carb because the old setup didn't allow for much airflow and restricted the hp a little. Makes a difference.

Auz wrote:

Nice photoshop. That gives me a good idea of what it will look like with black and gold. But I was leaning towards something else besides the stock logo, stripes, etc. A little more original. Can anybody try this? BTW what are your opinions on glassy vs flat black? Thanks.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 10:17 AM
Quote:

Nice photoshop. That gives me a good idea of what it will look like with black and gold. But I was leaning towards something else besides the stock logo, stripes, etc. A little more original. Can anybody try this? BTW what are your opinions on glassy vs flat black? Thanks.

i really don't think you're going to get what you're looking for. putting a real design on this thing is tough because there's nothing to put a design on. the frame is so small that putting anything other than text or stripes just isn't going to look right.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 10:28 AM
^^^ I know what you mean, and I think that my post was misleading. I want to use strips, but not the STOCK stripes. Same thing with text. I kind of had an idea (you can chop it if you're bored or atleast use it as a starting pont) of making it black with gold fenders like you had, with a black stripe going down the middle of the fenders and something along the likes of "Boiler Up" or something of the sorts written in gold along the middle of the frame where the decals are at currently.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search