my first photo-chops - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my first photo-chops
Sunday, August 24, 2008 12:10 AM
my cousin had my chop up his stratus (actually really nice cars lol) and i was kinda proud, so im just throwing these up here and looking for some opinions. and if anyone knows a better way to make a carbon fiber look, lemme know. step by step, and pretend your talking to someone who has never touched photoshop before (i dont know most of the tools names)

from this

i dont have the original, but this was just a picture of a car sitting in a parking lot lol

my daily driver chopped
(the original)

the DD chops

just lowered...

thanks for any feedback
BE HONEST
i want to know what i should work on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Re: my first photo-chops
Monday, August 25, 2008 6:30 AM
Not bad for some of your first chops, but here are some tips:

A simple thing to learn is to get your color balancing on. The DD pics are obviously blue biased, probably due to an automatic camera picking up on some small element and adjusting to it. When you chop an element from another pic, you need to get them balanced to look as un-chopped as possible.

Also, make sure your AA is turned on when you're cutting an pasting, so you don't get the jagged lines, like you see around the guy in the first pic (don't know if that's you or a buddy. )

When you're doing a drop, try to find lines in the picture background to follow so that you don't see the horizontal split where you moved the top of the picture down. For example in your first chop of your DD, use the line between the grass and the curb. It will take some practice, but it's not hard. The front end would be harder because of the truck.

Re: my first photo-chops
Monday, August 25, 2008 4:24 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Not bad for some of your first chops, but here are some tips:

A simple thing to learn is to get your color balancing on. The DD pics are obviously blue biased, probably due to an automatic camera picking up on some small element and adjusting to it. When you chop an element from another pic, you need to get them balanced to look as un-chopped as possible.

Also, make sure your AA is turned on when you're cutting an pasting, so you don't get the jagged lines, like you see around the guy in the first pic (don't know if that's you or a buddy. )

When you're doing a drop, try to find lines in the picture background to follow so that you don't see the horizontal split where you moved the top of the picture down. For example in your first chop of your DD, use the line between the grass and the curb. It will take some practice, but it's not hard. The front end would be harder because of the truck.

hey, thanks man
anyone else?
(btw, thats my cousin.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search