Web Template - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Web Template
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:38 AM
I was taking a break from tooning/signatures, and decided to make a website template. I'm extremely indecisive with colors, so I ended up with two versions. I'm looking for overall critiques as well as opinions on color choice.

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3892/newcarsitebluepf9.png

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7674/newcarsiteredpw0.png

Thanks guys.

Re: Web Template
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:24 AM
i personally like the first one (light colors). but i know on some sites users can select the theme they want to view the site in... so maybe you could have that set up??

the other thing i dont really like is the "3" replacing the "e"... just doesnt give it a professional/serious vibe... imo

other than that, toons look good!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:25 AM
On the blue one, I like it alot. Be careful of of the navigation style you use (don't make it too cluttered or complex).

On the red one. I think you should probably shy away from the leet e's. Other than that it's definitely my favorite of the two.

Maybe also think about putting a small banner or graphic at the bottom of the page that is coordinated w/ the main header color. just to kinda tie it all together. Overall they look pretty good though. Maybe a little more definition on the tooned fire?

My Cardomain Page
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:38 AM
I like the toon, but I think it's got a wee too much real estate. If we look at this from a web design perspective, you've designed this at a width of 800 pixels, I'm guessing to accomodate people with smaller screens, however, if someone were to view this site with that screen, half of their browser would be taken up by the logo.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:18 AM
Damn... and I thought it was a half way decent template.

Edit:

bradsk88 wrote:I like the toon, but I think it's got a wee too much real estate. If we look at this from a web design perspective, you've designed this at a width of 800 pixels, I'm guessing to accomodate people with smaller screens, however, if someone were to view this site with that screen, half of their browser would be taken up by the logo.

I'll just say it's for people with 1024x768 monitor resolutions... it's not that bad on that size

Godspeed wrote:i personally like the first one (light colors). but i know on some sites users can select the theme they want to view the site in... so maybe you could have that set up??

the other thing i dont really like is the "3" replacing the "e"... just doesnt give it a professional/serious vibe... imo

other than that, toons look good!

I was thinking about the whole themes option, but I don't think that the styles are different enough to justify that. Also, I just came up with a random name because I have no idea what I would title it anyways, so the 3's are staying

CAVETTE wrote:Be careful of of the navigation style you use (don't make it too cluttered or complex).

Maybe also think about putting a small banner or graphic at the bottom of the page that is coordinated w/ the main header color. just to kinda tie it all together. Overall they look pretty good though. Maybe a little more definition on the tooned fire?

What do you mean by the bolded part? I think my navigation was pretty clear. I was also planning on adding another set at the bottom just for consistency. Also, I agree with the footer remark, definitely need something colorful down there to wrap it up.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:27 AM

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:40 AM
Bolded text.

Wondering if you were planning on using a frames layout or simply having each link go forward to a new page, using the same layout with different info and headings.

My Cardomain Page
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:49 AM
I'm not a fan of frames, and I was planning for the three column design to only be for the home page. For sub pages it would be reduced to a twin column setup, possibly even a single column depending on my needs.

As of now it was just an exercise in template design. I didn't really have any plans to turn this into a full blown website. I've been wanting to create my own "template store" type thing, if you will, I just lack the motivation, and in my opinion, ability.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search