what do you think? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you think?
Friday, July 20, 2007 5:09 PM
well here's a photoshop of my car and what it might look like at some point. the kit needs some work i know.

before:

after:

Re: what do you think?
Friday, July 20, 2007 6:11 PM
are those the wheels your going with?

nice job on the shop too.

if i post a pic of my car, can you color change it?

thanks

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...
Friday, July 20, 2007 8:22 PM
not to steal your post or anything... but what did you use to get the RK sides to stay? i havent put mine on yet, because i dont want them falling off
looks really good man. keep posting pics
Friday, July 20, 2007 8:42 PM
fpZ24: sure post a good pic and i'll give it a try. some colors are hard to do but i'll give it a go. and yeah i definately plan on getting those wheels. more than likely 19s.

herb: i used the 3M molding tape. i think it's grey. i got it at advance. i did it a couple times and it wouldn't stick but the trick is to do it on a hot day. clean both surfaces very well and let it completely dry. i used rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces. first, i put the tape on the sides and left the red covering on so i could really press the tape onto the sides and hold it for a bit. then i peeled the red covering off and pressed it against the car where i wanted it. you have to apply pressure. not hard enough to dent the panel but hard enough so the tape can stick. hold it for several minutes while applying pressure. after i did that i haven't had a problem with it falling off.

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:48 PM
great! i think im gonna go that route, but with a few extra touches with some body moulding or some silicone adhesive to assist the tape.... so, hot day. im hoping tomorrow is hot i want these things on
Friday, July 20, 2007 10:08 PM
I have those rims.

Nice looking chop. The skirt doesn't look like it fits so well down where the door, fender, and skirt meet.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:53 AM
so thats where its what it was mounted on. looks like you fixed the fender problem. are you gonna mount the wing?

Alexis wrote:I have those rims.

Nice looking chop. The skirt doesn't look like it fits so well down where the door, fender, and skirt meet.

thats my old kits. the guy who owned the car i have now drilled one to many hole on that side. its looks exactly like that on my car also . kinda hard so see though, but you get the idea

Saturday, July 21, 2007 9:08 AM
Alexis wrote:I have those rims.

no it doesn't fit well but it will soon. the whole kit needs some work.

the rear sags a bit so i have to fix that. the sides need a little work.

and the front end.. well it needs a lot of work. those aftermarket fenders blow. they don't line up at all. i know i could spend the time to slot the holes and twist and make them fit but they're so bad it's not even worth the effort. the angle of the fender on the passenger side is even off. they were just poorly made. i'm going to get some off of an 00-02 in a salvage yard. that should be better to work with and turn out better.

despite the front end, the car is in pretty good shape. i just need to fix a bunch of little things.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:46 PM
here's the best pic i have of the rear. if you can do it in sunburst orange and any other colors you like too.

thanks

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:00 AM
Alexis wrote:

i love that wing.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:42 PM
i like the blue alot

mecp certified installer#39272

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search