help with chop ideas - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with chop ideas
Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:34 PM
im lookin to do something different to my bomex kit where the exhaust is but still keep the pipes. can someone give me som chop ideas to try out.

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Re: help with chop ideas
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:30 PM
bump???

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:40 AM
idk what else to do w/ the exhaust but im glad to see im not the only 03+ fire with the bomex kit and no skirts i have them i just dont like them.

Friday, June 15, 2007 3:55 AM
i like em just ran out of paint and need a place and time to finish em

Saturday, June 16, 2007 3:07 AM
i shoulda used one of the other pictures... shmeh i had thought that it would look good to f/g around the outlet of the exhaust making it look like it belongs there instead of just cutting it as you did this pic shows it alil bit. i have seen this idea used especially on side outlet exhausts and some bodykits this pic kind of shows it the inner circleis the actual tip the outer would be molded into the kit... if you dont do it i may doit to mine.

Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:17 AM
thats not a bad idea.... the only suggestion i would have going off your idea would not to fiberglass a complete circle as your picture shows. i would only do the top half and have the exhaust tip sits under (obviously).

the only other idea i could think of would be to get some oval tips that would fit nicely in the openings right next to where you currently have your tips. it looks like you'd have to rehand your mufflers to get them to fit correctly.

Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:12 AM
my opinion says go all the way around w/it if its only the top i think it will look unfinished. i also think it should be centered and instead of making the cut out circular maybe octagonal to better match the kit the rear bumper is extremely boxy. ill mess around w/it a lil more and see what i can come up wit.

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:19 PM
if you hadnt cut the bumpers, i would have said get flat rectangular camaro style tips and put them in the spaces
but too late for that

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:51 AM
i like that thanx for the iteas

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:46 AM
These arent perfect, but just giving some ideas for you:

My favorite is the first one.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:28 PM
yea im likin #1 too, wish i had the money to move the exhaust tho

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:03 AM
i feel you on the low on money aspect, the local shop bent and welded me a full catback for 60. ( already had muffler) if you find a good private exhaust shop it outa be bout 40 or less to have a couple 90*'s bent up and welded in... somthing to look into

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search