Toon'd Cav. carshow Spec poster.... - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toon'd Cav. carshow Spec poster....
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:18 AM
I just finished up on a spec sheet/poster for EcoEnvy's sweet Cavalier. He wanted to be able to display all the mod's he's done next to his ride at upcoming carshows.

Re: Toon'd Cav. carshow Spec poster....
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:41 AM
Well, I'll throw my two cents in here, take it or leave it.

It doesn't look bad, don't get me wrong. Just want to give my advice.

Gradient overlays and Bevel/Emboss don't really give the professional look people go for at a car show. So I suggest, make all the text the same size and use solid colors.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:03 PM
^^^^^^^^ Well, first of all, I think it looks amazing!! Second, that has got to be one of the better set ups for a show that I have seen, some people slap stuff on a board and call it done. So, to say it doesn't look professional enough for a car show, I say that's dead wrong!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:01 PM
CrazedCav wrote:Well, I'll throw my two cents in here, take it or leave it.

It doesn't look bad, don't get me wrong. Just want to give my advice.

Gradient overlays and Bevel/Emboss don't really give the professional look people go for at a car show. So I suggest, make all the text the same size and use solid colors.

This kid knows what he's talking about...He is exactly right about Bevel Emboss and Gradients. Those are things that should rarely be used. Try simple strokes, or subtle drop shadows. Really just Solid colors. Work with shapes instead of effects. You will achieve a much nicer layout.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:01 PM
BTW, the tooning aspect of the peice looks great, as always.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:37 PM
agrees w/ everything that sec just said

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:12 PM
LOOKS AWESOME AS ALWAYS BEACH!!!

but i must agree... the different size fonts are kind of distractive.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:17 AM
I appreciate the constructive criticism guys. I’ve only done a couple of car posters/spec sheets. My specialty is the Tooning
. When I get some time, in the next couple of days, I’m going to take the suggestions that were listed and re-do the poster.
The type was different sizes because there was so much that he wanted to list and I was running out of room. The size of the poster is 18x24. Any suggestions on a different size for the poster so I can get everything in?
Now when suggesting Simple strokes and subtle drop shadows, were you referring to the words or the toons?
If any one else has any comments, keep them coming. It’s good to hear the feedback.
Oh, and not to worry, I’ll lay off the gradient overlays and the Bevel/Embossing from now on

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:57 AM
Toon is great, just the text man!

<br>

[]Support the ORG, go Premium...    Sigs | Cardomain | Website
Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:32 AM
I know I've said it before, but I still look at Beach's work and half the time I wonder "what toon?". To me, the cars simply look better than reality -- as though that are in their shiniest possible state with ideal high-contrast lighting. Is it a toon? I don't think so. Does it kick ass? You better believe it.

I share some of the sentiments on the poster design. Try for more clean edges, and fewer blurred gradient boxes. Pick a font size to use for the headings and text for all sections, and stick with it, even if it means smaller text that doesn't fill every blank space. If you do stick with some of the background gradients, I'd be tempted to use white behind the text for contrast, and use the gradient in unused space.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:09 PM
I was refering to text. A good designer can take constructive critisism and improve his work, which is what you have done.

Friday, June 22, 2007 10:39 AM
as always a toon done to perfection.. i know nothing bout the show aspect and lettering but with a professionally tooned poster like that who really cares?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search