My first toon!!!! - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My first toon!!!!
Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:36 PM
hey didn't wanna thread jack geeky's thread so i thought i would post the 2 different variations of my toon i came up with..my first attempt at this but i am learning the program and different way to use it

1st one supposed to look like i am sliding lol

2nd is just the car

Re: My first toon!!!!
Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:52 PM
I like the 1st

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2099420/1

Friday, April 20, 2007 6:39 AM
Neat effect, and I see you're already trying it out in your sig. Nice.

Just a few small constructive critisisms -- you're welcome to dismiss these points if you're done with it.
- I don't know how it looks in the original photo, but it seems to me that there should be a small bit of "depth" visible in front of the tire. It wouldn't bug me as much if there wasn't visible depth on the inside of the wheel rim right next to it.
- Good work on the refraction lines in the headlights, though it seems like they would still have a small amount of curve to them rather than staying perfectly straight.
- Power sliding is fine, though if a cartoon car was realistic enough to leave a motion blur, it would probably also require a driver, and the wheels would probably be rotating and causing a secondary blur. (Unless just off camera is the tow truck that's dragging the car sideways. )

I'm a little too eager to find faults, so don't let yourself think for a second that it isn't a great-looking toon. Especially for a first attempt.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 20, 2007 6:43 AM

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, April 20, 2007 10:44 AM
hahah geeky i didn;t even remember to put depth on the front tire...good eye....the lights have been stumping me the whole time i am going to redo them again just practice makes perfect i will get them soon ...the sliding was just something i put in for fun i will learn how to do radius blur on just the tires soon its still work in progress thx for the critisism i really do like to hear what i can play with to make it look better ..i rather someone tell me what i can play with to fix then looking at it and being like look horrible thx for going into detail on what i should fix i apperciate it...i will keep you updated and hope to see more from you geeky you a good guy thx man

Friday, April 20, 2007 11:52 AM
I WAS GONNA SAY what happ to the front tire no love!

thats good for a first toon.

Friday, April 20, 2007 1:32 PM
Geeky wrote:Neat effect, and I see you're already trying it out in your sig. Nice.

Just a few small constructive critisisms -- you're welcome to dismiss these points if you're done with it.
- I don't know how it looks in the original photo, but it seems to me that there should be a small bit of "depth" visible in front of the tire. It wouldn't bug me as much if there wasn't visible depth on the inside of the wheel rim right next to it.
- Good work on the refraction lines in the headlights, though it seems like they would still have a small amount of curve to them rather than staying perfectly straight.
- Power sliding is fine, though if a cartoon car was realistic enough to leave a motion blur, it would probably also require a driver, and the wheels would probably be rotating and causing a secondary blur. (Unless just off camera is the tow truck that's dragging the car sideways. )

I'm a little too eager to find faults, so don't let yourself think for a second that it isn't a great-looking toon. Especially for a first attempt.

I agree w/ pretty much everything including it being a great first toon and Geeky is really freakin picky. all i would add is it looks like a little bit more pen tool practice could really make your next toon even better. you can check out this place for some good photoshopping tutorials. and i just saw a blue cavy w/ silver MR7's on campus. they don't look good in person either (dont look at my stock steelies)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search