Second toon!!! - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Second toon!!!
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:47 PM
My second toon!!! I tried to trace the rims, but I had some trouble figuring out how to make them look good, since they are rounds!!! So I said screw it, I'll do the coloring and make the rims later!!!

C&C welcomes!!

Re: Second toon!!!
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:08 AM
Very nice. I think it could "pop" a bit more with an additional range of highlights, but it could just be that's how the lighting was in the photo.

My only real critisism is that you can tell we have followed the same tutorial, so the style is awfully similar. I tend to like thicker outer lines, but that's hardly a complaint. I'm also toying with the idea of distorting the proportions of my car to achieve a more zany look (and less of a exact-spec technical drawing).

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:36 AM
Well done

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:42 AM
it's looking good. wheels are always difficult, still waiting to see geeky finish up his damn wheels. it does have a striking style resemblance to geeky's work but yours looks way better . and uh good choice of car, seen too many damn jbody toons lately (yeah i know i'm one to talk)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:01 AM
Navel (Evan Bare) wrote:it's looking good. wheels are always difficult, still waiting to see geeky finish up his damn wheels. it does have a striking style resemblance to geeky's work but yours looks way better

Hey, I got the outlines done early on, when I didn't even have a good handle on the pen tool. And I guess there's just no accounting for taste.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Saturday, April 21, 2007 1:08 PM
I finally got the patience to work on the rims, they still need some tweaking, but I'm glad of the result, considering it's the first time I do rims like that!!!

Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:35 AM
Very very very very good job!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search