First Major Toon Work - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First Major Toon Work
Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:38 PM
I tried one a while back but gave up and tonight I got bored and tried again with a new pic

still a way to go plus the grill will be a pain

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site

Re: First Major Toon Work
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:11 PM
Nice work. What program did you use to make that? It could maybe use some a bit of variation in the line thickness, and some smoother curves. You also cheated a bit by leaving in the photo driving light, wheels, and background. Overall, a excellent first effort.

Tooning definitely seems to be the thing to do lately, so I took the plunge and started my first toon work today as well. I used the tutorial that was posted in this thread. I spent most of the afternoon and evening learning the ropes by practicing on a picture of my car, and I'm nearly done the lineart. I just need to finish the wheels and light details, and then I'll move on to coloring and background. Here's mine so far:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:19 PM

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:14 PM
It's photoshop CS2

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:23 PM
Same here. I definitely feel your pain about that grill. Glad it's on yours and not mine.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:04 AM
I feel a bit bad continuing this threadjack, but I figured there were enough tooning threads already without me starting another one. Here's a new work-in-progress update on mine. I'm still neglecting the headlights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:12 AM

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:09 PM
Another update. For the people who can churn these out within a few hours, I have nothing but respect. For me, this is bloody time consuming. I've probably got about 15 hours in this so far. If I ever finish, this may well be the first and only tooned car I make.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:19 PM
it's looking really good geeky. it takes a lot of time w/ the pen tool to get really quick with it. you've already put this much time into it, stick with it man, you'll love the results and it'll be a great feeling of accomplishment . and have fun w/ the wheels and lights, they're usually a pain.

and geeds, maybe you should just go outside and pull the grill of the truck, be hella easier to toon

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:21 PM
looks good geeky but go ahead and make your own thread please

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:33 PM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:looks good geeky but go ahead and make your own thread please

Ok, ok. I can take a hint. Feel free to take back the thread by updating yours, if you are still plugging away at it.

Oh, and Evan: it's not a truck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:49 PM

Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:30 PM
Quote:

Oh, and Evan: it's not a truck.

i dunno, the thing at the top of the thread looks a lot like a truck to me, either that or those second gens are a lot bigger than i thought.

Monday, April 16, 2007 3:59 AM
My bad. The perspective had me convinced it was depicting his second gen, but you're right -- they would have had to grow quite a bit.

Monday, April 16, 2007 5:36 AM
Awsome job Geeky !!! 15 hours so far !! wow, you've got a lot more patience than I do. Keep up the great work

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:32 PM
looks pretty good. also looks like you drew the lines, not too shabby, but learn to use the pen tool, you'll heart it.

http://irockit.deviantart.com/
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:43 PM
hey geeky i see its comin out good. i think i gave up.
its really confusing and im not sure what to do.
i use photoshop elements 5.0 is that what im suppose to use.
hell i dont even know if i have the right program. lol..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search