Who wants to make some money? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who wants to make some money?
Monday, March 19, 2007 7:45 PM
I have a challenge/request for all of you Image Manip people, and it won't be very easy, so only the good need apply. Here's the situation.

I've been working with a AA Level Professional Hockey, the Chicago Hounds, for about 4 or 5 months now doing various things from being the mascot to helping pass out schedules to passing out goodies at the front gate of games. Well now that I have my first official project car for a customer, a 2005 Cavalier, that I will be racing and helping market as well, I am talking to them about sponsoring me and the car. I would like to come to the meeting I have arranged with the owner with more than a write-up and ideas for things I could do for decals and graphics. Instead I am going to lay out the challenge to all of you to make me some killer graphics to present to him. Here's the details.

The team I am trying for sponsorship for is the Chicago Hounds, who can be found here.
The league they are in, the UHL, can be found here.

I am looking for designs that not only cover the entire car but give other options. Something that is on the door only, or front end only, or back half only. If you can design something that covers the whole car, cool, but it probablt won't go that way. Let's see what you all can come up with.

Oh, and as the title says, the person, or persons, who's designs get chosen, if any, by me and the owner to be used will be compensated. How much and how will be determined after production of the decals or graphics but will be no less than $50 CASH.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: Who wants to make some money?
Monday, March 19, 2007 8:44 PM
Soooooooo........are we to just use any pic of an 05 cavy? Pics of the actual may help for those that decide to do it.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:21 PM
Any 05 Cavi works. The body is completely stock as it sits so any stock photo works for this purpose.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:46 PM
sounds fun

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:43 PM
Anyone giving this a shot?

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:06 PM
I'm gonna give it a shot. I just have to make the time to do it.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 9:03 PM
OK. Just curious. Just needs to be done by the end of April, so not a HUGE hurry.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:55 PM
I'm up for it. I've been using Photoshop for years. I'll see what I can come up with.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:55 PM
2-door or 4-door??

Oh, and I'm in on this

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:55 PM

I know you said full body designs would probably not go, so if you want me to make it more simple, just let me know.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:59 PM
Forgot to mention, the white letters on the window says "Chicago"
If you want me to show more angles, I can as well

Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:07 PM
I like that idea actually. It uses the whole car, but gives us room for the other sponsor we already have confirmed and any contingency decals.

I forgot to mention that the team website HAS to be on the car somewhere, since that's where people will get the info on the team and games.

WhininZ: 2 door

Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:52 PM
Also, I'm on an iMac right now, but my Photoshop is on my Windows in the other room (I need to get it for this Mac though) and the Windows PC has a crappy monitor, as I see now on this monitor the black at the bottom of the car looks gray, but that is supposed to be black.
Maybe the website could go along the driver and passenger side windows, and then again on the windsheild and rear windsheild.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:27 PM
Well the front and rear windshield will have no company name across the top of them, so that's out. I'd like something that is worked into the layout cleanly.

Friday, March 23, 2007 11:10 AM
In the design presented, maybe the website could run in the blue stripe that starts behind the front wheel. Remove the studs & replace with white website lettering. Or maybe on the back bumper in the blue, keep the studs to a point wrapping around the back & then put the website in the middle.

If I wasn't so busy designing all of the nonsense for my wedding, I'd play with this too.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:20 AM
website would look sweet flowing on the rear bumper somehow

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:38 AM
I'll give it a shot. probly will have it done in a couple days.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:56 AM
Just a thought, you could use the "stud" as a "." ...

for instance, www(stud)google(stud)com Just make the lettering big enough and the studs small enough so people can tell that they are ".'s"

dan

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:11 AM
So anyone got anything new to show off, or did everyone give up?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search