my first rough chop - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my first rough chop
Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:30 PM
hey guys this a real rough chop but after i did it the spoiuler grew on me brings back muscle car memories.tell me what u think

Re: my first rough chop
Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:38 PM

...no

Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:46 PM
ya my gf said the same thing
stole the idea from a superbird just figured i'd play with it

Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:06 PM
sell your car now, before you ruin it

Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:11 PM
i kinda like it but i was just playin i wouldn't do it.
i don't think it looks all to bad but hey to each his own

Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:16 PM
hahahahahahahahhahah
Sunday, March 18, 2007 8:59 PM
Yeah, no. Not sure why you would think that looks good, it barely looked good on the Superbirds. Although it was functional on those cars, but it was so tall to clear the trunk lid.

1983 Camaro Z28
Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:14 PM

Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:18 PM
96projectz24 wrote:sell your car now, before you ruin it

Monday, March 19, 2007 1:34 PM
heres another one i did using the chop downlinx did for me

and another with a scoop but it looks really crappy bear with me i'm still learning

Monday, March 19, 2007 1:40 PM
that looks so bad man

Monday, March 19, 2007 1:48 PM
Tips:

Find a better picture of the hoodscoop at an angle that matches your picture. The one you used is blurrier than your pic. Try matching the color too (In this case, select the scoop layer and adjust the brightness/contrast)

For the spoiler, choose the eraser tool, set the hardness to 0 and carefully go along the edge of the spoiler to get rid of that white outline.
Also, try leaning how to use the dodge and burn tools on the spoiler to make it look more realistic.

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:30 PM
dude, NO!!

Monday, March 19, 2007 4:11 PM
bradsk88 wrote:

That's the first thing that came to mind. At least there'd be no obstruction with your view in the rear window.

For a first chop, not bad, keep at it and you'll be able to judge and manipulate the angles and match colors better. For idea...um.....not bad for a chop, just don't do it

Another way to get rid of the white edges of the spoiler: hold down the "ctrl" key and click the layer it's on. it will make a selection of all the objects on that layer. go to "select" from the pull downs, "modify" - "contract" type in 1 or 2 for the pixels, click "ok". go back to "select" - "inverse" this does just that, it selects the opposite of what you previously selected which will include the white edges. Then just hit "delete" and DAH TAH! Another way would be to turn the "preserve transparency" on and just fill it in with black

Monday, March 19, 2007 5:43 PM
Your car is not a muscle car, you need to realize this.

1983 Camaro Z28
Monday, March 19, 2007 5:54 PM
ya i know it's not a muscle car but the more i play with it the more i kinda like it.why not pull ideas from some of the best cars made.it's my car so who cares if noone likes it as long as i do but i dunno if i'll ever do it for now i'm just learnin
tell me what u guys think of this one
i think i'm startin to get better

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:24 PM
trevor mullins wrote:ya i know it's not a muscle car but the more i play with it the more i kinda like it.why not pull ideas from some of the best cars made.it's my car so who cares if noone likes it as long as i do but i dunno if i'll ever do it for now i'm just learnin
tell me what u guys think of this one
i think i'm startin to get better

True dat. As far as the pic, edges look cleaner and looks alot better not sitting up as high. With it like that it doesn't seem much different then those park benches some people put on.

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:41 PM
I dont mind that spoiler at all. It's big but it's not bulky!

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:51 PM
i wanna give credit where credit is due the chops i have been doing are a combination between the chops of a paintjob coolgraffix and downlinx did for me.i have just been changing them up to what i like.but without their help i prob wouldn't have started.i will post some new ones tomorrow i am working on a custom hood now
coolgraffix thanks for all the tips they have been helping.and ya the spoiler is starting to grown on me.

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:08 PM
well i finished the hood before i went to bed so here it is.
the scoop is hard to see but itis off a plymouth superbee
i think it goes good with the spoiler

you have to look close to see the scoop though .

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:32 PM
your welcome try messing around with the image adjustments to lighten up the black, that'll show more detail. either the balance/contrast or the curves. Alot of times what I'll do is if I want to show it off but feel it may be too dark, I'll switch it to a gray or some other light color. That's what I did with the bumper idea for my car I chopped.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:49 AM
here is one a lil brighter to show off the hood scoop

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:53 PM
here is one with an airgrabber scoop i put it right above the throttle body for maximum airflow and when the air grabber was closed it would be a good sleeper.

this is what the scoop looks like

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:25 PM
dude, just buy a MOPAR!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:35 PM
been there done that i just wanna have some a fun and be different. at least noone else would ever have on elike this

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search