Bumper idea - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bumper idea
Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:45 PM
I've been going back and forth with this idea. I've done quick chops of it in the past that never really turned out well. I did one more tonite, which still isn't all that but i figured I'd share it with you all. What do you think?

Here's one of the front bumper I did a long time ago when I first came up with the idea. Needs some touching up I know.

I got both the Z and sunfire rear already. I keep looking for a front bumper at the yard but no luck. I took the photo of the front bumper to a shop and ask how much it would cost to have them do it and he quoted me about $1k. OUCH!! I may try to do it myself. Not sure what to use though. I've heard fusor is good.

Re: Bumper idea
Friday, March 02, 2007 6:53 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww NO!!!

96 CAVALIER Z24 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Friday, March 02, 2007 9:20 PM
I don't think it looks all that bad.

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph
Saturday, March 03, 2007 7:49 AM
Maybe if I had the lights in to give the full effect and if it was in color. I found it easier to match gray scales and color later, just didn't get around to coloring it. I'm also thinking of putting a set of the clear reverse lenses up front with a set of amber bulbs. I got a set of sunfire and Z skirts that I'm going to try to mesh as well. I like the look of the sunfire skirt, but it doesn't flow with the Z bumpers because the top doesn't have that rounded edge. Figured if I'm going to do the skirts, why not the bumpers? It'll be my version of the Cavfire

Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:16 PM
Here's one at a different angle. Not blended well, but you get the idea. Got the Z bumper out of storage today, think I'll start hacking away tomorrow. I was going to repaint the car red, but I'm starting to like that deep blue of the bumper. The rest of the body was a quick chop to just get the whole car blue

Saturday, March 03, 2007 4:37 PM
I would either run the exhaust out the lower vent/holes or put the reverse/back-up lights there and make the trunk solid

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2099420/1

Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:39 PM
what about the front??

96 CAVALIER Z24 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:26 PM
Chef Dug wrote:I would either run the exhaust out the lower vent/holes or put the reverse/back-up lights there and make the trunk solid

I was thinking of using them as turn signals, but I may just go ahead and run my reverse lights there but not making the trunk solid. What I'll do there is make the lens all red. I currently have a set of 03's on which I'm fabricating. S.O.B.'s got scratched too >=( if I can't fix them I'll put the 02's back on.

MATTY B FROM JC wrote:what about the front??

What about it? Different angled chop? I thought you guys might wanted to see another of the front so I went ahead and did one. Seeing it at this angle I'm definately doing this just gotta find a good front bumper.

I posted the gray so you can see the details in the bumper a little clearer

Monday, March 05, 2007 12:44 PM
that looks pretty cool, pretty much exactly like a grand am bumper

Monday, March 05, 2007 4:14 PM
Black04Eco wrote:that looks pretty cool, pretty much exactly like a grand am bumper

That's pretty ironic seeing how I thought about fabricating a grand am dash to fit and replace the stock one

Gonna call a few yards tomorrow and see if they have any front bumpers. I can't seem to stumble across a decent one at the "U pick U pull" ones.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:42 AM
i need a rear bumper like that, been thinking of doing that... due to my new shaved trunk lid... (i know shes dirty )

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:31 PM
Jazer wrote:i need a rear bumper like that, been thinking of doing that... due to my new shaved trunk lid... (i know shes dirty )

So much for being one of a kind just kidding. I thought I was the only cav with a sunfire wing until I saw another....in my hometown no less!! But I got another idea that'll make it even more unique. I'm working on the chop of it now and will probably just post it here instead of starting a new one.

I'll be sure to post pics as I go along. Jazer, if you choose to do it and want to use them as a guide, have at it

Re: Bumper idea...and now headlights
Friday, March 09, 2007 9:51 PM
Thought I'd try to see what the 03+ sunfire headlights might look like on a 99 cavy. They're rotated a bit

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:09 AM
hmm i dont think i like it

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:08 AM
doing the rear bumper like that is pointless unless you shave the trunk lid
and making the bumper lights blinkers? just as pointless
they are too low to the ground to make as blinkers

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:53 AM
with the sunfire lights it looks like ur car is on crack... lol... or it just got the $hit scared out of it... looks very surprised.... lol

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Saturday, March 10, 2007 12:44 PM
Tracer Bullet wrote:doing the rear bumper like that is pointless unless you shave the trunk lid
and making the bumper lights blinkers? just as pointless
they are too low to the ground to make as blinkers

Pointless? I don't see how. I'm not a big fan of the shaved trunk lid. I don't like the tail lights wrapping around and coming to a flat end. I haven't made up my mind yet what I'm doing with them. I may just make them additional reverse lights. I don't see how they would be to low either. They'd be just about the same height off the ground as the fronts which are blinkers, and what about people with custom hot rods that put a small thin rectangle at the bottom of their bumpers for brakes and blinkers? No difference there. I would probably keep my tail lights as turn signals too. I'll decide when it comes time to do the wiring.

CavyFreak442 wrote:with the sunfire lights it looks like ur car is on crack... lol... or it just got the $hit scared out of it... looks very surprised.... lol

lol...well with no performance mods, being on crack would be the only speed rush it'd get ....and maybe it's scared because it's afraid I might do it...lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search