Rx7 Chop - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rx7 Chop
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:59 PM
took the picture a couple days ago then spent afew hours on it tonight, turned out great IMO Lots of brushing on this one, I especially love the carbon effect on this one.

The car belongs to a friend

Original

Chop

Re: Rx7 Chop
Friday, June 16, 2006 8:03 PM
wow. you've got skills. that looks hot

Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:25 AM
OMG.....

can you plz wright up a how to on carbon fiber? all the ones on the net suck

Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:51 AM
AMAZING work dude. WOW.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:15 AM
thanks for the replies as for the tut here ya go!

ok, the best way to make a carbon effect is to first get yourself your base image.

I'll will be using this as mine.

Now, Select the hood using the pen tool or the Polygonal lasso tool, copy and paste onto another layer what youve just selected.

Once your done that goto IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS > HUE/SATURATION, Now instead of just sliding the saturation bar down I want you to select your color from the drop down menu, Since I used orange I selected red and drag my mouse over the color bar at the bottem of the window. Now lower your saturation and lightness, If you dont select your colour properly or not at all you will have bad results.

It should look like something like this.

Now your need to find a Donor Picture I used this one

copy and paste your donor picture into your workspace.

Slide your donor pic ontop of your base pic like so, dont worry if it dosent completey cover the entire base cars hood. (mine didnt)

Now, Hold CTRL and click the layer with your base car's hood It should outline it. now goto SELECT > INVERSE and hit delete

Now I want you to take the eraser and remove little bits of the donor car so that theres only carbon fiber, then once your done that switch the layer style to overlay and drop the opacity to your liking I chose 69

Now some people Like it like that. but when I look at carbon fiber theres more vivid reflections, so copy your hood layer so that its one step above your original hood layer and goto IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS > BRIGHTNESS > CONTRAST and turn your contrast up ( turned it to +33 ) then change the layer style to lighten

This is my "Basic" way to make a carbon effect although I have a more advanced way of doing it, I'm going to keep that to myself for now

-Dj Teddy <3

Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:25 AM
what program are you using?

Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:37 AM
Photoshop 7.0

Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:40 AM
ok, thanks. dont have that program but i guess ima get it now. nice chop by the way. i always love carbon fiber pics

Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:43 AM
thats freakin awesome! wish i had skills like that!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 1:22 AM
so you just cut and paste a real hood i never thought of that lol really

Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:45 AM
Nice. Photoshop has certainly come a long way. Last time I used the program was in 99 when I was a graphic design student. Nothing I ever did came out that realistic. Un-fricken-believable.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:29 PM
Yea, There are plenty of different ways to make better effects, you just hafta get creative.

The the first time I used Photoshop would be in 2002 which had a decent platform, but its come along way now.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:53 PM
You are amazing, man. Absolutely amazing.

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Shadow, please come home, I miss you.
Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:17 PM
cool
I'm gonna have to give that cf a try.

-Seth

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:24 PM
Amazing, I'm in awe

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:55 PM
holy s&%* batman, i think i need to get photoshop

Under Construction, should be finished before years over...
Corey
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search