Decrease the size of a gif? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Decrease the size of a gif?
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:17 AM
I just finally got back photoshop on my computer after not having it for a few months. Needless to say I have remade my sig 5 times in the past two days.
My latest version is going to be attatched.

I decided to play around with animating it but the result was a huge file.... maybe not ginormous or anything but almost 10x what the "ban warranting" limit would be.

Is there any way to decrease the quality of a gif to bring down the fil size without starting over from scratch?

Cardomain|Myspace

Re: Decrease the size of a gif?
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:01 AM
only way i could think to rezise it is in image ready but at 450kb it was really bad quality.. how did u go about making it in photoshop?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:26 AM
I just made the images in photoshop.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:45 AM
you wanna send me all the images you used? what program did u use to put them together in a .gif? but if u want email me all the individual frames and ill try putting them together seeing if i can keep the size down..

stepheno_07(at)hotmail.com

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:14 AM
No need to send the images if you know how to edit a gif, then again I don't like photoshop at all

Here ya go, still 570k tho... but its as small as I can get without losing detail.

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9493/minionsignature0lv.gif

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:20 AM
right i know how to edit a gif.. but i was gonna try somethin else than jsut adding lossy to it.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 12:28 PM
Maybe photoshop is different, but 'gimp' displays all frames/timing and info from just saving his gif O.ô not directed at you or meant aggresively.

Resizing makes it lose quality, decreasing the frame count or timing between frames makes it seem too choppy..its a double edged sword with trying to fit a size limit. Looking at it now, i notice in one frame duration towards the end, the needle jumps off its spindle a little.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:07 PM
yeh josh i tried what i could and it didnt work.. sorry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search