Need a little help - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a little help
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I was wondering if someone with Photoshop or another art program could do some image work for me. I'm going to be putting a set of wheels on my car as well as ground effects and I want to get an idea of what they'll look like together.

Here's the ground effects (from Wings West)

And the wheels I'm using

If you can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I tried to find side shots of the car with the body kit but I only found a black car and it wasn't the best picture.

Re: Need a little help
Friday, June 09, 2006 1:18 PM
Anyone?

Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:25 PM
can you find a better picture of the wheels, maybe one with a similar angle as the picture of the car?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:39 AM
I searched, this was the best one I've found so far with a similar angle for the wheels.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:52 PM
3 min chop, the front looks like crap, but oh well, it gives you an idea.

For future reference:
1. Try to find a donor picture with comparable resolution as the main image, it'll look more realistic.
2. When you have trouble finding a picture at the right angle or decent resolution, search cardomain. If it's on someone else's car, chances are you can find a picture on cardomain. And a lot of other photochoppers complain about cardomain's resolution, but I've never had a problem with it, mainly because I'm not trying to make it perfect.

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:59 PM
Thanks for ther help, man. I think it looks pretty decent so I'm not complaining. I had trouble finding pictures of a Daytona with the same wheels and the same 3/4 profile but I didn't think to look in Car Domain. Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure what happened to make the wheels that dark, but you just helped me decide I want to paint them a darker grey or maybe black!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 12:28 PM
Sweet, Pumper rims from The Turbo Dodge's are cool. They come in 15'' or 16''. If you can find a set of 16's get em, they are directional and look a little bit better.
Monday, June 26, 2006 10:16 AM
Already got 'em. My buddy has an '89 Shelby sitting in his storage unit. The car is completely trashed from an encounter with a guardrail on the interstate but the wheels are completely unscathed. As old as they are they look brand new and he's selling them to me, complete with brand new tires, for $350. He had a few offers for more just for the rims but we're keeping them in the family, so to speak. Eventually they'll be back on the Shelby when he gets the money to fix it. I think with the Wings West kit or a Z24 factory kit (still trying to decide) they'll look pretty good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search