My Toon by Manta Z! no 56k - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Toon by Manta Z! no 56k
Monday, March 13, 2006 2:50 PM
I posted it once before in Photos and Media and its in my sig,
but I finally got the Hi-Rez version of it today and I just
wanted to post it and say thanks to Manta Z for doin an awesome job on it.

Re: My Toon by Manta Z! no 56k
Monday, March 13, 2006 3:10 PM
@!#$, the quality sucks from when u saved it.. ill email you them also..

Monday, March 13, 2006 3:20 PM
I want one

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:32 PM
Manta Z = RICE

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:45 AM
@!#$in fix those headlights

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:46 AM
^well lemme see how u did ur headlights on ur toon. everything i tried looked like crap, except for what it i now. so lemme see what u did for urs.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:04 AM
Yeah man, i know that headlights are hard as hell, but I'm really not diggin those at all.

I couldnt' get mine to work, but look at these headlights...

I know they're different from what you're working on, but they should be sharp and have obvious shapes and stuff. What you ahve there kinda looks like a blur of clouds or something.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to give constructive criticism.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:46 PM
yeah i have the same prob with head lights too.see \/

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:27 PM
boooo manta, looks like you just put a filter on the lights from the pic

Larry, the headlights look like they are coming along

yep headlights suck, but i just try to see how DJ Teddy does them. BTW where is DJ Teddy

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:46 PM

That just looks so "CARTOONISH" - I love it.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:00 AM
ShiftyCav wrote:yep headlights suck

overall my toons suck. didnt really wanna say anything but after this 03 im doing for a JBNW member im done tooning.. except for a couple that are getting there cars done that i will toon after there finished but thats only 2 maybe 3 others that will really represent it at shows etc, o and of course ill toon my own stuff. But i dont plan to be doing toons for anyone much anymore. To many dont appreciate it enough. So if u want your cars tooned get ahold of Nick(z2fst4u/SEC-Z) or Nate(zeetwankyfoo) and ask them.. i think they run around $70+ for theres but im not positive. Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up. So with that said.. last words to remember me by
ShiftyCav wrote:boooo manta

o and Larry toon is look good, maybe u can take over

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:15 AM
I hope ur not talkin about me cuz I'm using it at shows I'm gunna put it on my modlist and I totally appreciate it man. I sent you my taillights for it!!!!! haha.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:25 AM
Manta Z(Der Primered Ein) wrote:

overall my toons suck. didnt really wanna say anything but after this 03 im doing for a JBNW member im done tooning.. except for a couple that are getting there cars done that i will toon after there finished but thats only 2 maybe 3 others that will really represent it at shows etc, o and of course ill toon my own stuff. But i dont plan to be doing toons for anyone much anymore. To many dont appreciate it enough. So if u want your cars tooned get ahold of Nick(z2fst4u/SEC-Z) or Nate(zeetwankyfoo) and ask them.. i think they run around $70+ for theres but im not positive. Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up. So with that said.. last words to remember me by

your toons are great i dont know why u say they suck. i was just bustin your balls becuase you did the car so good n then cheaped out in the lights

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:06 PM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:I hope ur not talkin about me cuz I'm using it at shows I'm gunna put it on my modlist and I totally appreciate it man. I sent you my taillights for it!!!!! haha.

no no, its not anyone i've tooned.. mainly viewers.. i get quite a few emails from people saying there not worth 40 bucks and im ripping off people etc etc.. and everyone thinks its so easy.. u have no idea the amount of work thats goes into it until u actually do one. I have no probs with you mark

ShiftyCav wrote:your toons are great i dont know why u say they suck. i was just bustin your balls becuase you did the car so good n then cheaped out in the lights

meant to put "/sarcasism" after that but typed ahead of myself. The headlights were almost impossible.. with the glare and reflections.. it made it impossible to almost try and do anything.. headlights have always been my weakness tho.. rims.. easy.. for sum reason i have probs with the headlights.. i didnt on the 03 i did.. but those are easier headlights to do anyway..

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:47 PM
Dude, don't be discouraged about it. I know how hard that is to do, I'm good at photoshop, and I have a really hard time doing toons. Seriously, when I commented on the headlights is was constructive criticism. There is only 1 way to get better, and that's to fail and try again. Just keep doing it man, you do great work, and you can only get better.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:51 PM
Does anyone wanna fix em for me then?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:35 PM
Manta Z(Der Primered Ein) wrote:

thanks but mine suck

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:22 PM
The only things I'd maybe change on it if I could would be the hood headlights and maybe the mesh. The hood really doensn't look like c/f cuz its the same color as the rest of the car. Either way I still love this toon and Manta did an awesome job. I can't wait to put it on a poster or something with my modlist for car shows.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:16 AM
well geez mark, coulda told me that. you didnt have any probs with the mesh when i showed it to ya. what dont u like about it? and what color is a c/f hood? lil lighter maybe? and headlights.. well waiting on a response from someone.. but hell i didnt realize u didnt like it this much. Also i wouldnt really just want someone to take it and to modify my toon.. you can ask me to change it.. but i don't want someone taking my hard work and modifing it and then it be classified as their toon...

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:59 PM
Manta Z(Der Primered Ein) wrote:well geez mark, coulda told me that. you didnt have any probs with the mesh when i showed it to ya. what dont u like about it? and what color is a c/f hood? lil lighter maybe? and headlights.. well waiting on a response from someone.. but hell i didnt realize u didnt like it this much. Also i wouldnt really just want someone to take it and to modify my toon.. you can ask me to change it.. but i don't want someone taking my hard work and modifing it and then it be classified as their toon...
do you still have the .psd file of it i can try to do the headlights

Friday, March 17, 2006 2:32 PM
Manta it would always be ur toon man, i didn't say anything about the hood or the mesh cuz I didn't wanna put down ur work cuz I think you do an awesome job.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:41 AM
jkhd03cav wrote:Yeah man, i know that headlights are hard as hell, but I'm really not diggin those at all.

I know they're different from what you're working on, but they should be sharp and have obvious shapes and stuff. What you ahve there kinda looks like a blur of clouds or something.

WHere in the hell did you get that toon of my car?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:55 PM
manta z you know i love your work. keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:18 AM
Phlatcav wrote:
jkhd03cav wrote:Yeah man, i know that headlights are hard as hell, but I'm really not diggin those at all.

WHere in the hell did you get that toon of my car?

did you post that once?
i liked that version best.....

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:28 AM
It was posted by Z2fst4u on CreativeDraft forums.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search