Need Photoshops for Domestic Driver E-Zine! - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Photoshops for Domestic Driver E-Zine!
Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:40 PM
We are currently looking for Photoshop's of any Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+. The only thing we really need is a before and after picture of the chop. You must have the rights to the before and after picture if you do submit. Images need to be at least 800x600 @ 72DPI. Please be sure to include your name when submitting so we can give you credit. Please send all submissions for the magazine to contact@domesticdriver.com

We mostly look for chops where a lot of changes have been made to the car and/or background.

We can't pay for those who get in but if your photoshop is used you at least get a free PDF of the issue it's in and you get to have your skills shown to the world!

We might have a contest coming up soon posted on our web site with a starting image and we will see who can do the best job of making it into something new and realistic!

Re: Need Photoshops for Domestic Driver E-Zine!
Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:02 PM
www.creativedraft.com/forums

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:45 PM
Doesn't anyone want to show off their work? We haven't received very many submissions yet so please consider it! It can be something you already have done in the past if you want.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:55 PM
did u even go to the site i listed?

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:28 PM
When I get an image of my own I will make a contest on that site or something maybe.

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:30 PM
nevermind, if u want chops for ur magazine.. thats what they do over there

its like an image manipulation site, not just a forum

Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:43 PM
id love to enter some chops.

HOWEVER, the MAJOR reason why you are not getting submissions is that the person submitting must own ALL rights to the photograph.

and well, MOST people do not have professional cameras, professional lighting, or high end shinny cars to take pictures of and then chop. so that is the major reason you are not getting alot of submissions.

i REALLY wish i knew some people with real nice cars for me to do photoshoots with, but i just dont. and i think thats the case with most people.

id love to enter, but i just dont have any photographs i have taken that i would want to chop.

The biggest hole, is the illusion of invulnerability.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:45 PM
if you could get a HIGH quality image of a car youd like to be chopped and YOU own all the rights to it. then we could work something out.

there are quite a few EXCELLENT choppers on Creative Draft, and if I ran a contest for your magazine, you would get some entries that would be worthy of publishing I am sure. all in one swoop too.

Contact me if that ever becomes of interest to you.

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:28 PM
Great points. Here are some pictures I took of my cars that you can use. The point here is that before picture doesn't need to be an amazing car to come out amazing after the chop. Please run a contest on this other forum if you would The prize is a free copy of the issue if they get in. More then one will be used I'm sure.

Here are the pictures they can choose from http://www.domesticdriver.com/Photoshop/

As for the rules I don't think there are any. Change of background or whatever is all good. Tell them to chop out the license plate and or change the letters around or something along those lines.

Make sure everyone works with the origional resolution image and doesn't do any resizing of any kind.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:38 PM
Nevermind I pre chopped the license plates so they don't need to be change unless they would like to take them out or do whatever.

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:41 PM
I thought about it some more and relized that if a body kit was added of a lower resolution that would be ok but I guess the lowest resolution I would like the overal final to be is about 1280x1024 or somewhere around there at 72DPI is fine I think.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:48 PM
no it doesnt have to be a "good" car to chop into something great.

what i meant was the quality, lighting, and angle of the photograph has to be good to get a great outcome.

ill look into those pics

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:19 PM
I did this chop of my car a couple weeks ago... is this what you're looking for?

Chop:

Original:

Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:03 PM
Yes that is great! Very realistic looking and simple. Please send me those two images to me by email and put in there the name you want to give credit to and tell us we have permission to use this image for the e-zine.

Thanks

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:16 PM
I say this one:

Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:
original

chopped up

i dont think im done with it yet. i may experiment with paint on it. i dunno. maybe a chop top too

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:17 PM
damn no edit.

not a domestic, but the best car chop I've seen.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search