Custom Paint Help Needed - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom Paint Help Needed
Friday, February 17, 2006 9:18 AM
Well, the car will be painted after all the new toys get installed this spring/early summer. The issue I am running into is that I want a custom paint job that will get looks, but wont be impossible to 'touch-up' since I will be driving this car TO shows and around on weekends... I'm looking at a two-tone of royal blue and black with a small silver pinstripe seperating, but let's see what you can do!

Thanks in advance for any help and ideas...

Re: Custom Paint Help Needed
Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:21 AM
kolors sound good... And remember, if you dont like it, you can always throw it in a lake and start over

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:44 AM
OMG!! I cant believe you said that. WOW!!

Anyway, go for the colors. They sound ok together, but dark colors are a bitch to keep clean.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:45 PM
Bluzip01 wrote:OMG!! I cant believe you said that. WOW!!

In all seriousness.... I do think those colors will look good. Where is black/blue going??? Top/bottom??? And I would also recommend your break-line to not just be a simple "line", some type of swoop or zig/zag would look good...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:49 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Bluzip01 wrote:OMG!! I cant believe you said that. WOW!!

In all seriousness.... I do think those colors will look good. Where is black/blue going??? Top/bottom??? And I would also recommend your break-line to not just be a simple "line", some type of swoop or zig/zag would look good...

I'm assuming that from this comment that we are at the point that we can move on from the 'he said-she said' bs we both got caught up in. I'll take my share of the responsibility since I dont think anyone was innocent in that mess. And it's far enough from the accident with the Z that I can handle getting ribbed about it... I'm a big boy

The plan was to make blue above and black below so the CF will stand out more, but I'm not sure if going from the cf, to the blue to the black will have a good flow to it... And yeah, I wanted to make the division jagged or something like that.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:10 AM
Go black up top and blue down low... I'd make sure the blue is vibrant enough to show up against the black though... but yeah, I wouldn't worry about the CF standing out; it's woven, thus it will regardless of the surrounding color.

You could do a layered changeover of colors... maybe like a silver flame or tribal pattern with each of the two colors (black, royal blue), overlapping in a manner of speaking. I'd have to draw it out and show ya but my scanner is nonfunctional and I'm too lazy at the moment to try it in photoshop. A sharp, jagged zigzag type deal to split the colors would be nice... even a silvery marble type pattern.

Suck, squish, bang, blow... muahahahaha!!
Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:45 AM
i tried one but it didnt look good when i got done

if i get some more time today i'llgive it another go

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search