Need opinions about possible mods... - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need opinions about possible mods...
Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:15 PM
I really like my car how it is now, but I was kicking around a few ideas and would like to get some opinions.. I'm not sure what i'm going to do yet (if anything), but feedback is a good thing no matter what. These are REALLY fast, really crappy photoshops. The black is carbonfiber I didn't want to waste the time putting texture on them because I wasn't actually going to show these to anybody originally..

thats what the car looks like right now.

eyelids

A CF hood that most people dont have with some paint and eyelids.

Wrapped part of the bumper in CF, the hood, the door handels, the spoiler top deck and end caps, and the fuel door (not shown) all carbon fiber. the whole shebang, overboard CF lol.

Well.. like i said i may or may not do any of this.. but its good to get feedback, so which version do y'all like? 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need opinions about possible mods...
Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:17 PM
As i said before, do number 4!

Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:18 PM
Oh and to avoid confusion, this is the hood i was trying to photoshop and did a piss poor job on..

Uncommon 03+ Cavalier hood

Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:43 PM
i would dig it if the graphics were black

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:15 AM
I can't see a difference between 1 and 2 but i like #4. I can't decide if i like it with the blue decals or black - just a quick one i did

-Seth

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:31 AM
I'll tell youthis... on the 03+ don't do eyelids on a metal hood... your headlights housings will be gone in no time

Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:56 AM
Thanks guys

wizkiddrummer wrote:I can't see a difference between 1 and 2 but i like #4. I can't decide if i like it with the blue decals or black - just a quick one i did

-Seth

That looks pretty good, but the reason I'd want to keep the blue graphics is to coincide with the blue angel eyes (not shown), blue undergrow, and blue calipers (which is how I plan to color my SSBC calipers in the spring).

The problem that I have with #4 is that it is too much contrast, the black and the blue seem to be competing too much.. I could change up my theme and get black graphics and black calipers (which is their current color anyway) but I really like blue so I was kind of leaning toward #2 which is the stock hood with eyelids.

Darkstars wrote:I'll tell youthis... on the 03+ don't do eyelids on a metal hood... your headlights housings will be gone in no time

Yeah, I was looking real hard at the clearance over my headlights and for some reason one seems to have more clearance than the other. I was hoping to take a look at that in the spring to see if there is any way to get the headlights to sit a little lower (or more toward the inside of the car) than they do now so I could get the room I need for the eyelids. The other option I thought about, and maybe this isn't a good one, but I wonder if I could kind of make the "hump" part of the hood over the headlights more pronounced to get enough room to mold eyelids in. I really like the look, but I won't be a bit surprised if I can't get it to work.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:59 AM
You keep saying contrast. So what? Contrast is basically the difference between colors, right? Black and white on a car look good. You know my idea, #4, Because I told you it! Ha!

I vote for #4. It would be total hotness.

I'm premium now! Woo!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:02 AM
Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:16 AM
Definetly 4

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:58 PM
w00tburgers wrote:Thanks guys

wizkiddrummer wrote:I can't see a difference between 1 and 2 but i like #4. I can't decide if i like it with the blue decals or black - just a quick one i did

-Seth

That looks pretty good, but the reason I'd want to keep the blue graphics is to coincide with the blue angel eyes (not shown), blue undergrow, and blue calipers (which is how I plan to color my SSBC calipers in the spring).

Good call. I still like #4 though. Have you thought of going decal-less??? IMO it'd look hot with just the whit car and cf.

-Seth

Sunday, January 15, 2006 4:03 PM
i like #4 as well, but maybe you could either cover the top part of your bumper that meets the hood with carbon fiber, or possibly extend the hood down further to keep a continuous flow of dark color - like this...

Sunday, January 15, 2006 4:06 PM
#3 deffinitely
#4 is a bit much.

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 4:55 PM
4! But If you do that, possible paint the white parts on the hood (inside the CF) blue to match the graphics!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:28 PM
those are vents on the hood

I'm premium now! Woo!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:47 PM
I think an oem cf hood with that the outside painted white would look fine, also wrap the bottom lip on the kit. No lids.

02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:20 PM
Bluecavi (hater of the wings) wrote:4! But If you do that, possible paint the white parts on the hood (inside the CF) blue to match the graphics!

Good idea but after ps'ing it, I'm not feelin it.

-Seth

Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:12 PM
wizkiddrummer wrote:
Bluecavi (hater of the wings) wrote:4! But If you do that, possible paint the white parts on the hood (inside the CF) blue to match the graphics!

Good idea but after ps'ing it, I'm not feelin it.

-Seth

you forget though that those are just mesh so blue ones wouldn't stick out that much.

MY VOTE IS FOR 4. NOW DO IT!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 4:56 PM
i would lower it first and foremost.

just learn to drive slow.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:44 PM
- I would do #4.. but no c/f gas door.... only because it looks outta place being in the middle of the 1/4 panel..it will seem like carbon fiber island.. out in the middle of no where..
- I like the idea of wrapping the top part of the kit touching the hood in carbon fiber also, that would be different, and with the eyelids looks really aggressive..
- I would really like to see you do something to pull off the eyelids.. because i love them on 2k3 cavs, Darkstars what was the problem you were having with yours? will a c/f hood with fiberglassed eyelids cause the same problem? I assuming the metal was rubbing,cracking, scratching, or warping the casing? I don't think if u did the eyelids u should do what meckster did.. make it like a bubble over the headlight.. wouldnt look right.. maybe u can glass higher up on the hood and still kinda bubble it over.. but with it fiberglassed higher up maybe u can blend it in more so it doesnt have a bump between the headlight and the hood... kinda like building up the fiberglass on the hood and just blend it in...
- and ditch the graphics.. never liked them on your car let alone anyones car.. Maybe you could do something different either with the graphic or do a different graphic mixing black and blue in there.. with solid blue for some reason it gives your car a cheap look.. i think with some creativeness, pinstriping, and paint you could pull off far better things..
- as to someone who said to do blue mesh.. dont think of doing the mesh any color but black or keep the stainless look.. white or blue to me will have a fake scoop look...
- I'd love to see you put some bigger rims on it.. 18s or 19s.. could keep the white MR7s.. i just think a bigger rim is calling.

Sorry for all the comments but i figured i'd give you some constructive critisism along with my vote.. I think you could really turn this car into a badass cav just by changing a few things you have already.. but then adding most of your ideas... watching for updates from you for sure.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:47 PM
Also forgot.. should lower it too.. that was supposed to go with the bigger rims but i forgot to add it..

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:54 AM
Manta Z wrote:- ditch the graphics..
- a bigger rim is calling..
SAC (Shiver Metimbers) wrote:i would lower it first and foremost..
x2

White and Black color scheme is good way to go. Say bye bye to the Blue - IMO. Also eye lids on the hood looks good.

- Darren

ontariocavs.com -||- phewes.snowpants.org -||- zukiworld.com
Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:32 PM
just get a FG invader hood and paint it white, then drop it and leave it alone

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:12 PM
if you want blue somehow incorporated into/on the hood.... i thought of this while reading through.... if you get a c/f hood, when painting the sides white like in the pic, you could do some sort of clean design (other than a straight line) to divide the c/f and white OUTLINED IN BLUE.

even if you wanted the straight lines cuz that would prolly flow best, you could still out line the split between the c/f and white in blue
... just a thought

Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:37 PM
CF + BLUE + WHITE = CLASH

BLUE + WHITE = SEX

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search