What Manta Z has been up to. Been busy?i guess.... - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What Manta Z has been up to. Been busy?i guess....
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:25 PM
Well in september, my job was givin up due to a cheaper method(dumbasses) so i've had quite a bit of time lately and been trying to keep myself busy and atleast have money for gas and food.. So i have still been tooning some cars.. Just thought i'd post the one i'm working on right now.. I had imageshack resize it so some quality was lost.. also i had a carbon fiber texture put on but the resize kinda make it crappy.. Rims are completely colored. .cept i have to do the tires still.. Once the toon is done i will be distorting the wheels and finishing the tires.. making the rims tuck.. Also since it is stock base bumpers.. i stretched them down some to give the body more of a toon look.. So whatcha think so far?

P.S. i dont want IMs, PMs, Emails asking for free toons. I do these toons for people who appreciate it.. and those people usally are willing pay for them.. There is alot of work involved in these and people take it for granted.. But if u are interested in getting one of these done.. just click my sig or PM me if u have some certain question.

Re: What Manta Z has been up to. Been busy?i guess
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:28 PM
GAY.

jk man i love it, mines NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:40 PM
Looks good so far Manta...keep us updated!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:03 PM
damn bro the rims look magnificent!!!!

u should join up at my site if u havent already, and if u have u should post your work.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:09 PM
yay manta....

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:31 PM
That's a damn good job Stephen! You just keep getting better.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:52 AM
why do u never talk to me on aim tho

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:05 AM
Mark - of course
Crystal - Thanks i'll prolly update it in this post
Nathaniel - Thanks man, i love doing the wheels.. I showed someone on aim and they actually thought i used the original wheels at first so thats good to hear.. Glad they turn out good and it means alot coming from you. Also i am on Creative Draft, don't go on it much tho.. i just entered in the Cobalt Toon Contest(Sadly my toon looked nothing like they do now, and was a pitiful toon) but i havent really got back on it.. I've got on to check some of teh contests out but never really got interested in em. Maybe i'll check it out today and post some stuff
Bryan - thanks, and evertime i see you on AIM the little mobile device thing is there, so i don't talk to ya cuz then u never answer lol. Usally when i see u on without the mobile device, not away.. i IM ya.
Nick - Thanks man, means alot without you and your bro's help they wouldnt be as good as they are. Also IM me about that new install, I want pics!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:59 AM
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:19 AM
of course SAC
Distorted the Body Kit on it..

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:55 AM
bwahahahahaha

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:14 PM
Manta Z wrote:of course SAC
Distorted the Body Kit on it..

Best toon to date

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:41 PM
damn the wheels looks amazing. how did you go about doing them?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:31 PM
z2fst4u wrote:That's a damn good job Stephen! You just keep getting better.

ShiftyCav wrote:damn the wheels looks amazing. how did you go about doing them?

Yea man, im speechless, im not going to click on anything that says Manta Z because i get jealous of the skills and the fact that i cant afford a toon. .

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:41 PM
I thought I was Next Stephen.. you bastard ! j/k... sorry I havent been able to talk to you on AIM.. you know how crazy work has been lately.. Hope to talk to you soon

btw.. toons keep getting better.. cant wait to get that project done we are talking about

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:26 PM
Alexis - glad you like it, SAC wear looks good
ShiftyCav - I love doing the wheels, my favorite part.. I use DJ Teddy's Tut #1, thats how i learned to do them.. Color wise i kinda do on my own with alot of layers, filling and erasing to get it to match similar shading and glare on the rims..
Jersey - thanks man, but you know you can't resist.. You'll check out everything i post
Jeff - Your car isnt even looking how its supposed to be lol, Kinda sad i have been talking about doing this for so damn long.. i just wanna get it done.. to many damn things going on and going wrong..

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:39 PM
drawing the wheels is easy for me. its probably the funnest part for me also. i was just wondering how you got the wheels to look that awesome. gonna have to work on them alot now. thanks for the info

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:51 PM
Manta Z wrote: Jeff - Your car isnt even looking how its supposed to be lol, Kinda sad i have been talking about doing this for so damn long.. i just wanna get it done.. to many damn things going on and going wrong..

Its closer than it used to be.. I dont know if tearing the whole thing apart was a good idea............... till I look at those rims and the fugly bomex.. then I know im doing the right thing.. just a long way to go me and derrick are gonna work on it and try to get it at least close to done by next show season

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:14 PM
you should post the teg you did for me, i see it hiding in the sig

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search