adobe - bringing stuff to front - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
adobe - bringing stuff to front
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:42 AM
im using adobe illustrator CS2 and i am trying to make myself a sig (going very very slowly) and i have my background in place and i have some text but the text always seems to go behind the background how do i go abouts fixing this problem?

thanks

M62 KIT for sale PM ME

Re: adobe - bringing stuff to front
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:49 AM
I'm not to firmiliar with illustrator but it sounds like the backround layer is on top place the Text layer on the top i should be able to see it then.

96 z24
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:51 AM
check how your layers are....the text should be at the top layer if you want it to be in front

Too fast to live, Too young to die, Be reckless
Monday, December 12, 2005 7:07 AM
sweet i got it. thanks guys. i have no idea how to use theprogram still expirementing

M62 KIT for sale PM ME
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:35 PM
You dont need to use layers to do stacking differently (unlike photoshop). You can select the object you want to move forward and goto the "Object" tap at the top then "Arange" and you can choose from Send to Back, Send Backward, Bring to Front, Bring Forward. Send Backward and Bring Forward just move it infront of behind of the next object, if you repeat this it will eventually be where you want it.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:31 AM
i tried doing that at first and it wasnt working. i couldnt understand why but i got it now. thanks tho help greatly appreciated

M62 KIT for sale PM ME
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:18 AM
ZeeTwankyFo wrote:You dont need to use layers to do stacking differently (unlike photoshop). You can select the object you want to move forward and goto the "Object" tap at the top then "Arange" and you can choose from Send to Back, Send Backward, Bring to Front, Bring Forward. Send Backward and Bring Forward just move it infront of behind of the next object, if you repeat this it will eventually be where you want it.

seems liek using layers would be easier. but meh i dont use illustrator much

and why the hell dont u make a new sig with your new rims zee!!

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:20 AM
well this is what i came up with my first sig i ever made. its pretty basic cause im still learning so any and all comments welcome good or bad.

M62 KIT for sale PM ME
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search