toon q - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
toon q
Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:40 PM
just wondering if anyone has ever done a toon on a wacom tablet, with the pencil instead of the mouse. thinking about getting one and attempt to do a toon on it. for those of u who dont kno wat a wacom table is >> Wacom .

Re: toon q
Sunday, November 27, 2005 8:18 PM
talk to nate

or go to
Creative Draft
great place to learn/hang out and i know nate has a wacom

Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:06 PM
I have done similar projects with tablets and pen/screen setups, never with that brand though. They work well when configured properly. You get what you pay for though. In general you won't get good results from a $20 eBay pen/tab

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:25 PM
i have a wacom, like looney implied

definitely get one. once you become proficient, there is no comparison on the quickness u will be able to achieve and the preciseness.

but remember, it will take a LONNNNNNGGGG time to get any good with the tablet at all. if u are already good at PS, its going to basically be like its the first time u starting working in PS.

it will be frustrating at first, because ur actually gunna end up doing lower quality work that takes longer than what u can do with a mouse. that is until u put in tons of hours practicing. and then ur pen will be owning the mouse left and right.

get a large dimension wacom tho. trust me it pays off. i cheaped out and bought a 6x4 wacom tablet. and it does everything i need it to do, but with a larger surface area it will allow you to take hand drawing or photos tape them to yoru tablet and trace them. along with WAY more control.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:18 PM
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:i have a wacom, like looney implied

definitely get one. once you become proficient, there is no comparison on the quickness u will be able to achieve and the preciseness.

but remember, it will take a LONNNNNNGGGG time to get any good with the tablet at all. if u are already good at PS, its going to basically be like its the first time u starting working in PS.

it will be frustrating at first, because ur actually gunna end up doing lower quality work that takes longer than what u can do with a mouse. that is until u put in tons of hours practicing. and then ur pen will be owning the mouse left and right.

get a large dimension wacom tho. trust me it pays off. i cheaped out and bought a 6x4 wacom tablet. and it does everything i need it to do, but with a larger surface area it will allow you to take hand drawing or photos tape them to yoru tablet and trace them. along with WAY more control.

ooo i like to trace images. and thanks for answering my q's, u have made up my mind soo fast lol. t'is a bummer its not compatible with paint shop pro, since i use that more than photoshop, but i guess i can learn PS with the tablet at the same time and progress with both. I did the tablet wizard on the website and it said i needed a 6x8 Intuos3, altho thats a bit expensive, i dont really understand the difference between the different ones they have even when they explain it (lol i must be simple-minded). Is the Intuos3 really better than a Graphire?

Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:55 PM
its has more levels of sensitivy on the pen, is really the biggest diff

wacoms are compatible with corel/jasc except for the pressure sensitivity. but u can use it %100 effective in psp, just like i said, no pressure sensitivity )which is really only utilized if ur dong digital paints etc....

and i havent tried the tablet with corel psp x yet (corel fully bought out jasc now) but they very well may have fixed the presure issue.

ill check

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Monday, November 28, 2005 10:39 AM
sexsiangel wrote:just wondering if anyone has ever done a toon on a wacom tablet, with the pencil instead of the mouse. thinking about getting one and attempt to do a toon on it. for those of u who dont kno wat a wacom table is >> Wacom .
i have been thinking of getting one because i used one in computer graphcis in high school.

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:37 PM
LarryMartin830 wrote:
sexsiangel wrote:just wondering if anyone has ever done a toon on a wacom tablet, with the pencil instead of the mouse. thinking about getting one and attempt to do a toon on it. for those of u who dont kno wat a wacom table is >> Wacom .
i have been thinking of getting one because i used one in computer graphcis in high school.

ya my uncle bought one last year (he's an artist, Angelinart), so he really sold me on the idea, and now i really want one if i can use it with Paint Shop Pro! can't wait to see if i get one for christmas!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search