Major photoshop project, help me ya'll experts!! - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Major photoshop project, help me ya'll experts!!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:29 AM
OK, I am contemplating a huge project on my front end. I like my 00-02 front, but I want projectors - and I can't yet afford $400+ to have WhiteBoy make some custom ones. It just so happens that I have a set of Matrix black projectors for 95-99 w/ clear lens sitting in my garage, and I took some possible pics of different custom set-ups, but I need photoshops to get an idea of what the finished product would look like.

I've included some of my chops, but I only have Paint and MS Photo Editor, so they aren't all that great. Some of the pics have small foglights that would be used as turn signals, some are just projectors (gotta figure out what would be used as TS's - maybe LED set-up in hi-beams?)

Some additonal info, the bumper I use (need to get a new one b4 I start the project) will be fully molded into the fenders, so it will all be smooth. You'll also notice that I filled in the opening between the hood like the Type-J does.

On with the thumbnails. Please, have fun with the chops, but remember that YOU are in control of how the project goes! /sarcasm

I kinda like the curve that follows the bottom of the projector, but I don't think it would be possible in real-life

See comment on pic 4

Another possibility for turn-signals that I thought of last week (those pics are really old - see date), is making an LED light bar that would go below the projector housings kinda like some of the new Jag's (I think...) have in their bumper (not sure what model it is, I seen it around on the streets). Another idea along that line that I just had is maybe doing a full LED light bar that would go from the other edge of one projector allll the way to the outer edge of the other, kinda like the "solid" headlights that some cars have.

Christ, why must I have such an over-active imagination?! Thanks for all your help guys

Re: Major photoshop project, help me ya'll experts!!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:52 AM
do the LED bar aross the bottom and make the top one solid headlight housing, that would be hot if u ask em

Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Image Ready
Re: Major photoshop project, help me ya'll experts
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:28 PM
Not sure what you mean by "make the top one solid headlight housing" ?? I'm thinking you mean have the headlights kinda like in this pic ...

But obviously w/ the LED bar going all the way across instead of the fogs? IE, don't have the headlights permanently mounted behind the bumper (I don't think they'd be removeable with the fully molded bumper like those two pics I put comments on...)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:59 PM
I uploaded a chop to image shack lol, this might be a little much though?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:03 PM
Looks like a BMW z4. I kinda like it.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:22 PM
looks like it is about to cry

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:08 PM
looks like one side is missing

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:47 AM
Looks pretty neat actually. Can you change the orange to clear? And I dunno how I would completely re-build the projector housing like that. I was figuring more on shaving the corners - I tried to in my pics, but I don't have ub3r-1337 programs to make it look good.

This may be one of those projects that are just too hard to photoshop??

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search