Toon using DJ Teddy's Tutorial - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toon using DJ Teddy's Tutorial
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:45 PM
this is teh 5th toon ive done and the 1st toon ive done using a tutorial.. I kinda jumped around on the steps but DJ Teddy your Tutortial is down.. i read sumwhere u said ur FTP Server went down or sumthing so when u get it back up make sure u and let us know.. maybe host em using ImageShack and then make a new post and just put the thumbnails and then it wont take forever for someone to open the post either. just a idea
Anyway onto the toon..it was a fairly small pic as u can tell and i also had to make the size of the big outline smaller cuz 8 was way to big so i think i put it at 5 or 6..
here is the toon

whatcha think so far?

Re: Toon using DJ Teddy's Tutorial
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:12 PM
For some reason your lines get jagged and stuff. Are you really using the pen tool like in his tutorial? If so your lines should be nice and smooth. Try using less points and curving the lines more to flow with the subject. The more points you use the more jagged it looks. Keep up the practice though, your getting much better GJ

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:44 AM
yeah i use the pen tool with the path and rubber band.. when i drew the outline(it shows in the top the most) the background had alot of reflection so it was hard to follow it cuz it blended in so well.. i just need to add more points and kinda fill in between the jagged edge to smooth it out.. This is just some play im having till i get someone else wanting a toon made.. trying to get to do the reflections so i can make mine look a lil more define. Seems like every toon i make the style changes cuz i try something new everytime.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:53 PM
become good friends with the convert point tool. I'm finally realizing that

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search