SPEC STAGE 3 CLUTCH - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SPEC STAGE 3 CLUTCH
Monday, November 02, 2009 4:41 PM
I have had mine for about 4 years now with the fidanza aluminum flywheel, and now im getting some strange noises when its cold out just starting off in first gear. It sounds like the rivits on the clutch disk are rubbing or something. It just started about a month ago. Once im rolling and everything warms up it doesnt make the noise anymore starting off in first. Anyone know if theres a "milage" rating on these clutches? Anyone have similar problems?

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Re: SPEC STAGE 3 CLUTCH
Monday, November 02, 2009 4:55 PM
My Spec 3 made nasty noises all the time with the aluminum flywheel. Still does with the stocker. Needless to say, when I replace my engine I will not be reusing the clutch even though it only has maybe 15K on it. Back to a good LuK for me.

Monday, November 02, 2009 6:13 PM
4 years and how many miles? I would bet it is time for a replacment. They donlt have alot of meat to start with.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 02, 2009 7:24 PM
if it does it when its cold and not when it warms up its probably a friction thing. if it was rivits it would do it all the time. i know the centreforces slip until there hot then they grip it could just be the material the clutch is made from to hold the more power

i get the odd noise out of my stage 3 too but nothing alarming or worth pulling it out and replacing it, so far i'm very pleased with spec even tho i have heard bad things mines been very good a stage 3 with about 300ish ft lbs of torque 16 000km still hold and grips like a champ

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, November 09, 2009 7:04 PM
Ya no complaints with the hold it has at all. I would bet I have maybe 30K on mine lol. It only does it when its cold. I just dont want to mess up the flywheel. I looked through the little peep slot in the bottom of the tranny the other day and everything looks good. Theres no metal shavings or anything odd. Disk looks good as well. Ill try to record the sound one day.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search