Tranny question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny question
Monday, October 26, 2009 10:26 AM
I have a 95 2.2l 5spd sunfire. I need a trans and am looking into a 2000 2200 5spd trans and slave cylinder. I was just wandering if it will work with my engine and if the speedo would work? I also need to know if the axels are different?

Re: Tranny question
Monday, October 26, 2009 4:50 PM
yes it will work you wil lhave to buy a clutch for that trans not sure if the pressure plate and disk are different i know thr through out bearing is not sure if thats the only difference in the clutch kits best to just buy a new cluthc for that trans

axels are different the driver side is the same length and you can use that 1 but the passenger one 00-02 is 5/8" shorter doesn't matter what engine it comes from as long as its the right side axel

you will also have to modify the mounts do a search to the procedure its been discuss numerous times very common thing to do

speedo will work just fine the only thing you will have to do is get a reverse light plug off the car the trans comes from and connect it as 95-99 plug wont fit in the 00-05 reverse light sensor on the trans

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:27 AM
ok thx will any trans from 95-99 work with less modifying ? i really am just looking to get my car back as quick as possible and as cheap as possible lol
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:40 AM
Yes a 95-99 will work with less modifying.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:37 PM
oh i have one more question would the slave cylinder from a sunfire gt or cavalier z24 95-99 be the same type of slave as mine?
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:51 PM
any tranny wont work it has to be a 2.2 95-99 i think the slaves are the same but don't know for sure

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:36 AM
Evan Jacquard wrote:ok thx will any trans from 95-99 work with less modifying ? i really am just looking to get my car back as quick as possible and as cheap as possible lol
Not any trans, but one from a 95-99 2.2. The ones from the 2.4 have a different bellhousing. The slave cylinders are the same.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search