v6 wiring question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
v6 wiring question
Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:02 AM
I am using a 3100 form a 99 or 00 malibu and i bought a 99 grand am that cam with a 3400. My question is can i use the grand am PCM and wiring harness to run my 3100? I understand about piggy backing and all that pretty well (i think) but just wondering on that.

Re: v6 wiring question
Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:07 PM
injector i think would be the only diffrence i think but if u have most of the 3400 run the 3400 injectors and tb. also be aware that injectors changed in 2000 to so 99 harness uses 99 injectors, and 2000 uses 2000+ injectors
Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:27 AM
Ok cool thats not a problem I can get another fuel rail for a 99 3400 pretty cheap thanks

Sunday, October 11, 2009 8:20 AM
If you are using the same year ECM, you should be fine. There is no difference in the TB, and the injectors are only an issue if you are mixing a motor and ECM from years 99-01 and 02+, because they changed to the new Multec II low impedance injectors. Just to double check yourself, look at them. If they are the Multec II injectors, they are thin and plastic. If they are the old style, they are going to be thicker, and have metal part to their casing.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:40 AM
Cool thanks is there a way I can tell what year 3100 I have because I don't know exactly I know its a large port and it was in a malibu

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:33 AM
on the lower intake manifold at both ends there is a year stampon top
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:10 PM
ray gardner wrote:on the lower intake manifold at both ends there is a year stampon top

I'm not absolutely 100% sure on this, but I think this is incorrect. Every one I have seen has 00 cast into them if they are the large port. All three of the manifolds in my garage have 00 on them, and two are confirmed to be from 02 vehicles.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:17 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:
ray gardner wrote:on the lower intake manifold at both ends there is a year stampon top

I'm not absolutely 100% sure on this, but I think this is incorrect. Every one I have seen has 00 cast into them if they are the large port. All three of the manifolds in my garage have 00 on them, and two are confirmed to be from 02 vehicles.

Mine say 99 on them. Came from a 99 vehicle. Not sure if my 3500 top end is stamped or not.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:00 PM
seen a 3400 today.. had 99 stamped on the manifold. forget the year.. ill call him up tomorrow. i think we can figure this stamp deal out lol..

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:02 AM
The easiest way to find out the stamp deal is probably to ask on 60degreev6. I bet there would be a correct answer within hours of posting.

I can guess that it would be one of 2 or 3 guys that would answer first too. LOL

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:08 AM
^ ^ true that ^ ^

yea my 3500 is stamped 04

Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:13 PM
cool thanks mine says 00 but never really thought about that being the year.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search