stupid Jet chip - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stupid Jet chip
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:46 PM
Now i know that the Jet chip is useless on a OBD II car, but i got one off of my buddies wrecked cavy. And if i forget to turn it off before starting my car, the TRAC OFF light comes on and the car shifts into gear real hard. Then i have to wait for it to go away(usually about 1 min. or less) and it's fine after that. I just dont see how the wires tapped into for the Jet chip have anything to do with the trans. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening....?

By the way i'm planning on taking that stupid p.o.s. off once it gets nice out again.

Re: stupid Jet chip
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:03 PM
You are getting a CEL (stored, not displayed), and its causing your computer to enter limp mode.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:11 PM
cool, that's what someone else told me to but i just wanted to make sure. And that's the other thing i forgot to mention, my CEL is on and has been on for a while with the same code every time i check it. All the diagnostic comp. says is EVAP systems, and it wont tell me anything else about it. Any help with that would be awsome as well.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:16 PM
You probably have a bad gas cap. Either that, or if you climb under the back of the car, look near the spare tire well on the passenger side and look for a wiring harness. Look to see if there are any broken wires there.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:49 PM
I just replaced the cap a month ago cause that's what i figured it was but it didnt work. so i'll check the wires. Thanks

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:21 PM
The JET chip is useless on any car. Throw it away.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:16 AM
It's probably throwing a low voltage code like the SAFCs do. The reason I say this cause my SAFC does the same thing...start up it has the TRAC OFF light then goes away in less than a minute.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:51 PM
thats crazy not to change the sub.......i got an EVAP code and have had it for bout a year. i didnt want to pay GM for the looking to find the problem. checking the wiring is a geart idea. thanks guys

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2187947
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:11 PM
Okay, I haven't turned on the Jet chip for about a week and my CEL went away. And it hasn't come on for a few days now. Definitely going to throw that thing away.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:22 PM
Read enough post on here about it you will know it is junk. Karo i think Dynoed a whopping 1HP gain and that may not have anything to do with the Jet module because most times ont he dyno your power on three pull can vary up to 5HP.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:00 PM
no dont throw it away...sell it to someone else...put a few dollars back in the ol wallet

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search