Pictures of lowered Cavaliers. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pictures of lowered Cavaliers.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:06 PM
I'm looking at the Chevy Cavalier Eibach Sportline Kits, but don't know if that's too low. I also noticed that the Sportline lowers the Cavalier even. Or does it??
It reads " Front - 1.7 in, Rear - 2.3 in" Is that an even drop?

I'm also looking at the Eibach Pro-Kit, but don't know if that's low enough. The drop is
Front 1.4 in. Drop; Rear 1.4 in. That's not an even drop i assume since both front and rear are 1.4"

I would like to see some pictures if I can to see how low is low. Please add any information about how the suspension has been treating you. What else did you do to your suspension and are you happy with it?

I know that it won't ride stock after putting on lowering springs. That alright, I don't want a stock ride. I want a some-what stiffer ride, but without the bounce.

Hope this isn't too much to ask. Thanks for the help.

Re: Pictures of lowered Cavaliers.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:39 PM
Here are pics of my car lowered on Sportlines....

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:39 PM
If you see a stock cavalier, they run a little higher on the back... They come uneven from stock...

Some ppl like to stay like that, a little lower on the front and a little higher on the back. I personaly have H&R and I barely see the rear higher than the front even though the drop is 1.6 front/ 1.4 rear....

The sportlines should be the most even drop for our cars......

Its like the evo, if you see its stock suspension, they run higher on the rear than the front.... They look sweet
Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:41 PM
http://home.cogeco.ca/~djdnz/mycar/

Check pics DSC01003.jpg all the way to DSC01027.jpg, should give you an idea of what it looks like.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:23 PM
ok even does not mean iff the wheel wells are even. the rear has to be higher due to the air flowing under the car. if the rear was lower than the front you would trap air under there and it would be easy to lose control on the highway.

now it also depends what you are going for. if you go show then i would say sportlines because they give you that nice low look. if you want performance from your suspension then get the Pro Kit.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:31 PM
I have sportlines...this is how low I am:

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:34 PM
ShiftyCav wrote:ok even does not mean iff the wheel wells are even. the rear has to be higher due to the air flowing under the car. if the rear was lower than the front you would trap air under there and it would be easy to lose control on the highway.

now it also depends what you are going for. if you go show then i would say sportlines because they give you that nice low look. if you want performance from your suspension then get the Pro Kit.

you can explain positive rake on here till you are blue in the face, however the majority will ignore it till something goes wrong and then they will seek to blame

1) bad advice
2) the suspension companies
3) whoever they bought from (aka the distributors)

Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:37 PM
Quote:

you can explain positive rake on here till you are blue in the face, however the majority will ignore it till something goes wrong and then they will seek to blame
1) bad advice
2) the suspension companies
3) whoever they bought from (aka the distributors)

well thats like with anything on here. .you tell people to buy the struts with the springs and if you are going lower then it should be Konis or AGX but yet people go and get GR2s and wonder why they blow

Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:47 AM
Thanks to everyone who answered my post. Sure does help to see the cars with the suspensions already installed. Clears up alot of my questions. And thanks for anymore pictures that anybody will post up.
Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:32 PM
Hey hey hey, be nice guys!! I was a victim of GR-2's!!! |One day we all hope to be J-Body gurus like you guys.....

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2066000-2066999/2066649_10.jpg
Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:13 PM
Steven Holliday wrote:Hey hey hey, be nice guys!! I was a victim of GR-2's!!! |One day we all hope to be J-Body gurus like you guys.....

trust me, its not being guru...

anything i can do on here on in real life anyone else can.... most just choose not to use resources...

for example, not being a dick, but for the guy asking for pictures....

on the left side of the screen, near the top is a "members" button.

really easy to click on that, type in the type of spring you wanna search for, and click the box at the bottom that says advanced search.

you can search through profiles with "Only show members with pictures."

use the advanced search to search for specific springs, like pro kit, or by company, like "eibach"

the only difference between the reg people and the people some consider "gurus" is the small detail the the ones people called "gurus" are the ones that took an extra 5 seconds to find the info needed, over those that make no effort.

its not hard to find pictures on jbo.... of all things to find.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:43 PM
Monday, October 24, 2005 6:38 PM
Pro-kit in my sig

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:56 PM
True. Either way Event you are my hero!!
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:10 PM

Tein Basic Coilovers , halfway down in the front , fully dropped in the back.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:49 AM
prokit < all

especially if you use it as a daily drive

if you use it for show the just bag it and be laid out

Whats up people?
Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:04 AM

thats lowered 1.2" in front 1.5" in the back. My sig is before lowered

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:07 AM
how much gap is there with a prokit? just wondering

Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:41 PM
Too much

Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:10 PM

sportline

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, October 29, 2005 2:38 AM
Cool. Thanks to all for posting pics and info on your rides. I'll be geting me some springs here soon. But I need to get me new shocks first. Thanks again. I'll post some pics of my Cavi once I figure out how to post 'em.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:05 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/255326

my car on koni yellows and sportlines

Saturday, November 05, 2005 11:55 PM
Thanks again to all who helped me out. I think that I'll go with the Pro-Kit. Especialy with the kit that I have.

This is not my Cavalier, but this is the kit that I have; front & rear bumper and side skirts. It's not painted yet. Still gota get other body parts first.
http://us.st7.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/streetbeatcustoms_1868_233039061
Monday, November 07, 2005 9:47 AM
get sportlines...they really don't seem all that low..i've only scraped my front bumper once, and it was unavoidable, and i would still have scraped it even if i wasn't lowered in the situation i was in. choice is urs though

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search