Squeak - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Squeak
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:29 PM
i have a squeaky sound coming from my front right strut and dont know why my car is an 04 and only has 27k on it and i dont think it should already be squeaking its not the sport model but has the sport suspension and the sport wheels so how can i get rid of the squeak or do i need a whole new strut

Re: Squeak
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:56 PM
When does it squeek? Bumps, when braking, normal driving?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:07 PM
it pretty much squeaks all the time but when i hit a bump or break it gets louder
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:11 PM
does it just need grease?
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:27 PM
If it's a constant squeak noise, it may be your brake pads (need new ones).
If it's a back and forth sound, it may be the struts wearing out extremely prematurely.

Isn't you car still under warranty? If so, let Mr. Goodwrench figure it out.

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:23 PM
Instead of starting a new topic I figured I'd just use an old one. I have a squeaking coming from my front right suspension area as well. Happens basically over any speedbumps, or dips in the road large enough to make the body raise/lower. '03 sunfire so I do still have warranty, I'm curious what it might be though. Any suggestions?
Friday, February 24, 2006 3:27 PM
i got a noise from the back passengers rear side dont kno what it is im thinkin its the mount but unsure?
Saturday, February 25, 2006 5:18 PM
Ty W wrote:Instead of starting a new topic I figured I'd just use an old one. I have a squeaking coming from my front right suspension area as well. Happens basically over any speedbumps, or dips in the road large enough to make the body raise/lower. '03 sunfire so I do still have warranty, I'm curious what it might be though. Any suggestions?

Check your swaybar bushings.
Sunday, February 26, 2006 1:07 PM
Thank you, now just to look up checking that
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search