Parking Brake Light and ABS Light - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parking Brake Light and ABS Light
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:22 AM
my 1997 2.2 I4 Automatic cavalier is having some problems with dash lights.

First of all, my parking brake light goes on everytime the engine is put under heavy acceleration. But then when I come to a stop sign is goes off, if I take it easy and don't accelerate hard it doesn't go on, just during heavy acceleration. Do I just need to tighten my Parking Brake line, because it is a little sloppy.

My ABS Light is constantly on, and I am just wondering as to what can cause this light to come on. All my brakes work, so I'm thinking a sensor or two might be screwed up.

Go Premium, it builds character!

Re: Parking Brake Light and ABS Light
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:51 PM
Parking Brake Light: The wrachet and/or sensor in the console is probably messed up. If you open up the console and take a look, you'll probably find what's wrong.

ABS Light: Almost certainly a bad sensor. Find someone with a OBD-2 link and check it out.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:37 PM
great thanks.....guess what I am doing this weekend

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:49 PM
the abs is more than likely the sensor on the front wheels behind the rotor

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:29 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]the abs is more than likely the sensor on the front wheels behind the rotor

i think it is, because I was under the car the other day doing an oil change, and I noticed it looked like something was missing, but I couldn't find anything.......the thing is this problem has just been occuring, so I'm wondering how long this sensor has been missing. How hard is it to replace them....does anyone know?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:56 PM
Easy to replace, but fairly expensive. $80 at my local place iirc.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:43 AM
$80 bucks for a damn sensor......I guess this needs to get done before January because that is when I need an inspection and I Don't think they will test it with my ABS light on

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:49 AM
you think 80 is bad, try paying 110 for a vss from the dealer

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search