Tokico - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tokico
Friday, October 21, 2005 7:11 PM
I saw the Dspec coilover kit on ebay and want to buy it but didnt know something. It says that it is 16 way adj. but is that the ride height or stiffness.

Re: Tokico
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:15 PM
Dampening (resistance to move up and down).

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:14 AM
in other words it stiffens up the strut

Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:30 AM
Yeah.. I just didn't want him to confuse stiffness of the spring, with stiffness of the strut. They are very different. Stiffness is a bad word to use. Spring Rate and Dampening Force are the two terms we use.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:21 AM
I think the original poster might be confused. I might be wrong, but I've never seen a tokico coilover package. You're most likely looking at the D-Spec struts, which are ONLY struts, you still need to buy springs. They're not adjustable height wise, only dampening/rebound. Then there's also D-Spec + Tokico springs package floating around, which lowers the car like 1.7" or something like that.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:16 PM
^^^1.6 to be exact. The kit uses a "key" to adjust the dampening and rebound of the shock. Its pretty simple and quick to adjustment them.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:33 PM
sorry to jack the thread, but, what is the warrinty on the dspecs? i have sportlines and done exactly feel like doin the work for the koni's. thanks in advance guys!

this is my sig
Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:44 PM
No one really knows, some people have been told sportlines will be covered, but I've yet to hear it myself so I dont know. I just went with the sportlines on the d-specs anyway, they seem to be doing just fine so far, and I dont expect any problems anytime soon.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:52 PM
the warrantee for the d-specs is similar to koni, dont be stupid and abuse them, dont damage them (read bottom out constantly) and dont ride around dropped 3 1/2 inch kinda thing. i'm sure if its a 2 inch drop or less and you install the bump stops then your golden. i have d-specs and goldline springs and couldnt be happier, i found they were a couple steps above my yellows
Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:07 PM
thanks guys, u make the decision real easy now.

this is my sig
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:26 AM
do any of u have the combination of dspec struts on goldlines? i have goldlines already and i am in the market for new struts. any info is greatly appreciated

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:43 AM
Its my understanding that the D-specs hold up just as well as Koni's, so you should be fine.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:45 PM
FatTonyCorleone wrote:do any of u have the combination of dspec struts on goldlines? i have goldlines already and i am in the market for new struts. any info is greatly appreciated

i do, its sweetness. i like the dspecs over the yellows i was riding on before. less maintenance that the koni's and i think they have a wider range of adjustability
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:58 AM
anoxion wrote:
FatTonyCorleone wrote:do any of u have the combination of dspec struts on goldlines? i have goldlines already and i am in the market for new struts. any info is greatly appreciated

i do, its sweetness. i like the dspecs over the yellows i was riding on before. less maintenance that the koni's and i think they have a wider range of adjustability

i agree. i have goldlines on d-specs, and i like em better than about every other suspension ive ever ridden in a cav. im selling my goldlines and d-specs for air ride though

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:35 AM
hey EAZY, have u gotten an offer for those dspecs yet, cuz if not i would be glad to make u one. u can email me if you like, its in my registry.

this is my sig
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search