steering wheel problem or alignment?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
steering wheel problem or alignment??
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:27 PM
now when i drive the steering wheel is turned slighlty to the right to keep the car straight. if you put the wheel straight then the car goes to the left. now sometimes I can drive with it straight or even slightly turned to the left. my tires are wearing down so i guess that it is not that i need an alignment. could it be the inner tie rods or just that something is loose and needs to be tightened up. maybe its the steering rack or something?

Re: steering wheel problem or alignment??
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:31 PM
did you recently go to the dealership to get the recall done on the steering...cause the same thing happened on my 97 after they did the recall

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:35 PM
not recently but i think 2 years ago when i first got the car. i remember it had to go in for something witht the rack and pinion.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:55 PM
If you let go of the wheel when driving, does the car drift to one side? If it does, you have a toe problem, and need an alignment. If it doesn't, then the steering wheel is just not straight, and I would recommend you get an alignment, since it will wear the steering rack abnormally. So, either way, you should get an alignment.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:36 PM
Time for an alignment.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:14 PM
i guess its time for an alignment then

Saturday, October 29, 2005 1:54 PM
did the alignment fix your woes?

...bone stock
Saturday, October 29, 2005 3:19 PM
havent had the time to go yet and get one. i think a little bit of the problem was my tire pressure. the fronts were too low and then last week i put it to the correct amount. i think my gauge is broken because it said 30 but tires were too low. i went to the gas station and used their gauge and now the car rides better. my gauge reads their 30 as being 36. now the wheel is just a little bit off when going straight .

Sunday, October 30, 2005 9:24 PM
My car does the same thing, but I think mine is a contribution of many problems....

Bad front strut mounts.
Uneven wear on tires from bad allignment
Possibly bad inner tie rods.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 9:26 PM
well i kno its not the strut mounts and the tires arent wearing down unevenly so i have no idea what it is.

Monday, October 31, 2005 11:42 AM
Have you modded your suspension at all? Could be bad inner tie rods if it pulls.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search