KYB AGX Bottom out suspension Question ? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB AGX Bottom out suspension Question ?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:10 PM
Well it's been about 2 weeks since I had my KYB AGX and Eibach installed and removed bump stop altogether, and I called up several people I know personally on the org about this question but figured I ask the general public too ... my question is when I hit a bump although I try to avoid bumps as hard as I can but I live in Elgin and Drive up to Chicago plenty of times and unfortunately bumps and potholes are a given anyways???

My question is it necessary to have my bump stop installed and trimmed down for all KYB AGX users or it wouldn’t matter with my or any current suspension setup because regardless it will happen and there is no need have those bump stop anyways because you’ll bottom out sometimes regardless of your current suspension setup ?

Is this true in nature ?

Thanks in advance
Hector

Visit all new Team JDF Website - Team JDF Promoter

Re: KYB AGX Bottom out suspension Question ?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:05 PM
PEOPLE...STOP TAKING OUT YOUR BUMPSTOPS!!!!!!!!! enough said
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:22 PM
I would at least trim the stock bumpstop for peace of mind

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:47 AM
Dennis Rolston wrote:PEOPLE...STOP TAKING OUT YOUR BUMPSTOPS!!!!!!!!! enough said

Agreed! Why are directions so hard to follow??

Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:12 AM
Dennis Rolston wrote:PEOPLE...STOP TAKING OUT YOUR BUMPSTOPS!!!!!!!!! enough said

No need to be loud that's why I am asking ...

C.T.S wrote:

Agreed! Why are directions so hard to follow??

I agree I question my buddy who installed these for me ... but then again ... I'm not an automotive person or in the Mechanic field so I was unsure of myself so i also questioned myself, that's why im asking because I feel I may need to put these back so I might have too do this one weekend I guess my question is how many people have left on the bump stop and have they also Bottom out too ?

Thanks in advance....

Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:49 AM
I have the same setup as you do (just got it like 2 months ago and lovin it)

just put the bumpstops back in they are there to prevent the rod from going to far into the cylinder causing leaks and what not in your shiny new struts which cost a sh!t load

so unless you plan on leaving the on 100% all the time put em back or pay the price later down the road

i trimmed mine down by one bump just like the instructions said and have the front set on setting 2 and the rear set on setting 5 and the ride is rough but like its on rails (well not quite but its a huge improvement) and when i race i move it up to 75% front and 100% rear

Whats up people?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:51 PM
javis hildebrand wrote:I have the same setup as you do (just got it like 2 months ago and lovin it)

just put the bumpstops back in they are there to prevent the rod from going to far into the cylinder causing leaks and what not in your shiny new struts which cost a sh!t load

so unless you plan on leaving the on 100% all the time put em back or pay the price later down the road

i trimmed mine down by one bump just like the instructions said and have the front set on setting 2 and the rear set on setting 5 and the ride is rough but like its on rails (well not quite but its a huge improvement) and when i race i move it up to 75% front and 100% rear

Thanks I will just do that ... again Based on the instructions and reading up on the org ... I thought's so too .. but again ... automotive is not my industry so I have my doubts. And next time I will know better ... just as an FYI, I only Bottom out just once on my front and once on my rear .. so I should be ok .... at the moment.... hopefully ...

But thanks again ... for your response.....

Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:26 PM
keep the bumpstop in, or upgrade to a stiffer one...

adjust your struts to a harder damping so they dont bottom out... def make use of their features...

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:39 PM
yeah and don't lower the settings too low, i put my rears at 3 once to give a smoother ride on the highway.......i was pulling over about 5 min later, that sucked ass, it was way too soft, it rode better with the rears set to 6

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 30, 2005 9:55 AM
Yeah I took your suggestions for the time being ... I adjusted to firmer MAX setting in the time being .. and when I have a chance this week or next I'll put my bump stops back in there. Again ... thanks people ...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search