Getting lowered tomorrow, anything I should know? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Getting lowered tomorrow, anything I should know?
Friday, September 23, 2005 4:32 PM
Hey guys, two months late, I finally get to lower the car.

Setup: Sportlines + D-Specs

The car only has 13000km on it, so I expect all stock parts to still be in perfect condition.

Questions that I have to anyone that can answer:

My springs, I dont know if those rubber coating around the coils are in the right spots?

Also, I have two washers in the box, don't know why theres only 2 - I bought the springs used, are they supposed to be in there?

The struts, if they're brand new off the line from Tokico, are they still going to have the washer problem?

Thanks for reading guys, and for any replies

Re: Getting lowered tomorrow, anything I should kn
Friday, September 23, 2005 7:32 PM
Are D-Spec's rated to lower? Or are they oem replacement?

Saturday, September 24, 2005 5:16 PM
Yes but only to 1.5"s I think. I don't think will hold up well with the sportline.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:26 PM
I spoke with one of the techs from Tokico, and they will warranty them with the Sportline springs. Hey Dave, I would suggest using a cut-off tool of some sort to cut off the flared section of the shaft nut from the stock front struts. Take those flared sections and use them as spacers between the new shaft nut and the strut mount. I think you'll see what I am talking about once everything is dis-assebled. The stock shaft nut wont work on the Tokico struts because the thread count is different. You won't need to do anything with the rear shocks though. BTW, you'll love the new suspension, I know I do.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:33 PM
Got it done today, havent adjusted the struts yet, so theyre at full hard - MAN IS IT BOUNCY!!!!

Hopefully tomorrow after I adjust them a little it will be more comfortable

Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:57 AM
its not bouncy, bouncy and firm is 2 different things, bouncy is when you hit a jump and the car rocks back and forth bouncing aorund for a while, firm is you feel every little tiny thing in the road therefore the car reacts to every little tiny thing in the road.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search