sportline vs sprint - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sportline vs sprint
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:50 PM
Right now I have sprint springs on my car. the rear springs are very and I mean very bouncy as where the fronts are a nice stiff ride with no bounce. what are the spring rates compared on the two. would the sportlines be better to go with or keep the sprints?

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: sportline vs sprint
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:57 PM
you shouldn't be looking at new springs

you should be buying some good struts

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:20 PM
Read the first few posts of this.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:01 AM
Changing springs is not goingt o make a difference you really need to buy struts and Koni yellow is going to be your best bet.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:20 AM
are the sportlines better then the sprints though? I am just askin in general or is it all personal prefference? and I really do not have that kind of cash to be throwing out on struts. the place I got the springs from. SUSPENSIONMAX.com carries s/t performance struts to go along with these springs. are they good enough for now. just some obvious questions. thanks.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:26 PM
either spring is fine. personally if you dont have enough for it all at once, dont do it. you need struts. more than likely the struts they sell on the website are oem replacements and you'll end up blowing them and wasting your money. if the springs dont drop you more than 1.5" get agx's. if its past 1.5" get koni yellows. i said it once and i'll say it again, suspension isnt cheap.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:53 PM
or just buy my koni reds and sportlines with 3000 miles on them switchin springs wont fix your problem, both springs have way to high of rates and to low for stock struts. need konis for either spring selection.
Friday, September 23, 2005 5:39 AM
I'm thinkin about goin with tokico struts. a friend has them on his ZX2 with the pro kit the car is a lil stiff but handles awesome

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, September 23, 2005 6:48 AM
just make sure you get the d specs and not the hp's. hps are oem replacements

Friday, September 23, 2005 6:59 AM
those S/t struts are really stock replacements. You say it is too much money but if you decide to buy a new set of spring that money could have easily gone to some struts.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, September 23, 2005 11:10 AM
Blackfire how much you looking for your setup?

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:13 PM
I had a job at the time and I ended up losing it so right now is kinda tight for money if ya know what I mean. just tryin to get some extra knowledge.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search