Shock options - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shock options
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:45 PM
I'm saving up right now to get some tein h tech's and some kyb agx, but i was wondering, what about tokico? Bout the same price, which is better? Does anyone have any better suggestions for a small drop/good ride?

Re: Shock options
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:55 PM
i'm assuming you're talking about the tokico hp struts

those are not made for lowering or performance springs

get the agx's

Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:09 AM
The Tokico HP's and KYB GR2's are good for upto 1.5" lowering. Niether company will warrenty anything lower and if you try to return them under warrenty they can tell if you used them on anything lower.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:41 AM
I will be trying the Eibach Pro-Kit (1.4" drop) with Tokico's. I will post whenever I actually get around to lowing my car, but based on the drop, everything will be under warrenty still.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:59 AM
MadJack wrote:The Tokico HP's and KYB GR2's are good for upto 1.5" lowering. Niether company will warrenty anything lower and if you try to return them under warrenty they can tell if you used them on anything lower.

Did you get an e-mail from KYB say that the e-mail i got from the said they don't warranty drop for GR2's they are OEM replacement. Why make AGX for only up to 1.5" when GR2's are doing the same thing.

Strut choices for lowereing
KYB AGX for up to 1.5"
Tokico not sure the limit (not the HP)
Koni yellow.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:33 AM
Everybody tells me the gr2 is absolutley stock replacement and not intended for dropping at all. What i really was looking for, was opinion on the best/least drop. I only wanna go like 1 inch at the most in front (drift kit) would those Htech teins and agx's ride fine? Or does someone have a better suggestion

Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:41 AM
well first off you have to find out how long the springs will drop you. if you only want to go an inch go w/ suspension tech springs. the lower the car 1.2". i personally would suggest the eibach pro kit. great kit and lowers 1.4". now either of those springs will work find w/ agx's. you should really read the faq's. theres a list of springs and all the drops in there

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:03 PM
Obligatory: READ THE FAQ!! And I mean read, not skim.

As BC said, Suspension Tech (1.2" drop) or Eibach Prokit (1.4") drop are both good kits, I would buy/use/recommend either. Prokit is the best for performance IMHO.

Those springs will work great with AGXs. Madjack is confused or doesn't know what he's talking about.

eBay is usually the cheapest place to get new AGXs. If you install them yourself, make sure you have the spacer/washer before you start.

Make sure you go read that FAQ.

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:52 PM
See you have the drift kit suspension techniques (1.2")with AGX. The drift kits sit low so the Pro kit may be to low. Suspension Tech is also a good spring.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search