Lowering - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:57 AM
Ok. I want to mod the suspention by lowering the car. I'm knew to this type of mod and want some suggestions as to products and how to drive the car once it is lowered. Also I have a blitxz kit on the car. How low would I be able to go that kit?

Re: Lowering
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:09 AM
check out the faq on suspension parts. its really up to you. how much do you wanna spend? if you get any kind of lowering springs or coils you need to buy struts. suspension isnt cheap. if you want springs, find out how low they go. if the springs are a 1.4" drop (eibach pro kit) then you can get agxs which will be good up until a 1.5" drop. anything lower than that you should get konis. now if your gonna go out and get konis, i say go for coils since you'll only be spending like an extra 100 bucks or so. its really up to you how far you wanna take it.

1) lowering springs and agx (nice simple suspension set-up)

2) lowering springs and konis ( better than number 1 since the konis have a better range than the agx's)

3) coils and konis (one i prefer, better than 2 since you are able to adjust the height of the car and with the konis since they have damping)

4) pre-assembled suspesions ( basically your tein setup, pro-street, and gravana)

5) bags (enough said)

each is more expensive then the next so like i said it all depends how far you wanna take it and what you wanna use. this is all covered in the faq so just scroll through it, they give you all the springs (plus the drop height), coils, struts and where to buy them all.

as for driving a lowered car, well w/ a kit its hard. you have to realize that if you lower the car, theres just some places you cant go anymore, plan and simple. learn how to drive on an angle. whenever you get to an incline or slope, cut the wheel and go up or down it on an angle. this will decrease the chances of scraping your kit.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:53 AM
ok if I were to go coils, I found these Dropzone coils on ebay. What is your opinion of these coils?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DROPZONE-Coilovers-95-04-Cavalier-Sunfire_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33586QQitemZ8000580724QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:09 AM
i think id stay away......ive heard nothing but bad things about dropzone coils, and all ebay coils for that matter

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:50 AM
STLWACO wrote:ok if I were to go coils, I found these Dropzone coils on ebay. What is your opinion of these coils?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DROPZONE-Coilovers-95-04-Cavalier-Sunfire_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33586QQitemZ8000580724QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

come on now i said read the faq's drop zone coils and struts = pure garbage. seriously though event did an awesome job on the faqs. it tells you what springs are good, what coils are good. there are reviews on about all the springs and coils. basically if you want coils, tein makes a set i believe (maybe its just springs and the full assembled ones but i think they make coils too), ground control (most popular).

look at it this way, you made a decision on coils (you dont have to go w/ them but that seems to interest you) those are gonna run you about 350 for a good set. with those you need konis (koni yellow, better than the reds) those will run about 550. for that price you can go to a full assembled set up like the tein basics which are about 850 from gravantuning.com. like my first post, #3 and #4 are pretty much in the same price range so if you do decided on coils, look into the full setup ones (note the gravana one is 1500 but one of the best setups out there)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:52 AM
if you READ the FAQ you will be able to answer most questions on your own, no really. once you have done that you will have much bigger questions

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:16 AM
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:47 PM
Do you really have a kit? Or is it just the front bumper?

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:59 AM
I have the whole kit, but right now I only have the front of it on. I have to finish the rest of it. The back bumper should be ready for install Tomorrow. The side I have to figure out how I'm gonna be able to fix them. They are just so f-ed up. I'm thinking about just getting a used set of sides.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:21 PM
mikec2003 wrote:i think id stay away......ive heard nothing but bad things about dropzone coils, and all ebay coils for that matter

I'm getting ready to sell my Sportlines on eBay, so does that make them "eBay coils"? Just because a product is sold on eBay doesn't mean it is an eBay product.

Hell, I bet anything you can think of is listed on there, including almost every part you have in or on your car.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:24 AM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:
mikec2003 wrote:i think id stay away......ive heard nothing but bad things about dropzone coils, and all ebay coils for that matter

I'm getting ready to sell my Sportlines on eBay, so does that make them "eBay coils"? Just because a product is sold on eBay doesn't mean it is an eBay product.

Hell, I bet anything you can think of is listed on there, including almost every part you have in or on your car.

the people who frequent this forum know what coils and springs are good and meant for our car. now you selling your stuff on ebay doesnt make it crap. you have to look out for the name. drop zone is crap. it doesnt come w/ all the parts and is a generic coil setup.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:36 AM
ok avoid drop-zone

since I don't know you for all I know you abused your car with the springs on, hit speed bumps 40 mph in 1st gear, or they may be just fine because you baby your ride and are more interested in it looking good. I'll be you didn't get your Sport-lines @ Big Lots, or the Dollar General Store either. if our looking for a bargain thats cool, but don't go and buy inferior parts and say oh their ok. I saved like crazy and bought Koni Yellows and the Eibach ProKit the ride is not ok, its great ! you don't have to go with the absolute best, just don't go buying junk ... wasting your time, money and energy.

Friday, September 23, 2005 11:37 AM
Save your money and get a nice setup. I have Arospeed coils and Koni red. The ride isnt bad but my car is really low. Its not a setup if your looking for comfort.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 1:28 PM
i have purchased an 2002 cavalier z24 that is stock. I have plans for it, and i want to start from the ground up. so i am looking for some advice or prefrences regarding suspension. im trying to bring the best performance out of this car. so i am only interested in top line. i want it to be strong, good, level (because all cavaliers have a hunch back) and i want performance. but it has to be good for everday driving also.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:55 PM
I actually have dropzone coils and I like them pretty much to each there own whatever you want to go with I got mine from Aplus and they ride nice I think

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search