e-brake - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
e-brake
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:44 PM
can someone tell me how to tighten my e-brake? i guess the cable came lose after a while and it wont even begin to stop my car.

Re: e-brake
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:57 PM
use the search button next time. you have to take off your drums and there will be a spindle in there that i believe you have to turn towards you in order to tighten it.

Re: e-brake
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:12 AM
It usualy means your rear brakes need to be adjusted. Pull the rear wheels and spin the drums they should have a slight drag to them if not they are too lose and need to be adjusted. Pull the drums off on the bottom where the 2 shoes come together is a little wheel turn the little wheel and it will spreed the shoes so they come in contact with the drums better. They'll only be able to turn one way as theres a little bar that keeps the wheel from going the wrong way. Its called the self adjuster bar but sometimes they don't do what there name implys so you need to help them out. Go no more then like 5 clicks at a time and test fit the drum if its still spinning freely pull it back off and go
5 more clicks till when you install the drum and it spins with some drag. Now go check your parking brake and tell me how it feels.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you get stuck somewhere.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search