ken2.2 Sub-frame brace and lowering - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ken2.2 Sub-frame brace and lowering
Monday, September 19, 2005 4:31 AM
I have Ken's sub frame brace installed and I want to lower my car. I was wondering how low do you guys think I can go without having any problems(I don't want to have to worry about clearing curbs at all.).

Re: ken2.2 Sub-frame brace and lowering
Monday, September 19, 2005 7:23 AM
You mean curb-crawling? You can't lower it at all or you won't be able to get over without scraping.

If you lower you car any more than 1.1" to 1.4" you'll have to start avoiding potholes, large bumps, driveways and such depending on the situation and how much you're lowered. I would not lower any j more than 2" unless it's a show car.

Monday, September 19, 2005 8:49 AM
My control fx scraped all the time. I pulled mine off and put another bar that was only about 1/2 tall on there.

Ken's bar is made of aluminum, so you definatley don't want to hit stuff with it. Any kind of drop will increase the number of things your going to scrape with it. But, lowering your car does do MUCH more for handling than that subframe brace.

Monday, September 19, 2005 12:38 PM
thats more up to you to decide, get up under you can and measure how much space you have, then select how you lower it from your own measurements...

every car is different.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:16 PM
I have his brace, I am on 2" drop springs I have never scrapped the brace except two times.

1st time i hit road kill and decapitated a racoon

2nd time I was doing 5 mph (if that) pulling up to a stop light where they were doing construction, they had crushed rock filling in some gaps and from all the cars driving on it it piled up in the center and i just shaved it. Could have avoided it but it wasn't going to do anything at that speed.

Drive normal but cautious over large bumps RR crossings and curbs. (you should always drive cautious in a car over these things if you want you $hit to last).

Bottom line you should be fine.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:30 PM

^^^ prostreet coilovers lowered alot and I've never hit my subframe brace on anything while driving.... while I should say never, I slowly tried to crawl my way into the car wash at my dealership and the bar wouldn't clear the car wash track.

keep in mind where you add it, the bar is mounted almost directly inline with the tires, meaning the tires will hit the curb and the raise the whole car up so you will still ahve clearnace cause the bar is still the same distance form the surface the tires are on. The only time you will have a problem is when you run things over that the tires do not touch, example... car wash tracks, things laying in the road, if you strattle a median with the car, ect...

you should be fine

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:57 AM
^^^ or roadkill

Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:44 AM
^ i think that falls under "things laying in the road"

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:52 PM
^^ lol yes but specific things laying in the road

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search