struts/shocks and settings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
struts/shocks and settings
Saturday, September 17, 2005 8:21 PM
i have Tein lowering springs 1.7 in the front and 1.5 in the rear... i was told that AGX would be fine...and then was told that i should get yellows

originally i was gonna get AGX because of the price and the good ratings that I've heard...but i trust the source that told me to go with the koni yellows because of the reputation he has...
the problem I am haveing is the price of yellows are somewhat out of my range...so does anybody know of a place, or someone that i could get some new ones for cheap? or if i could get a different set of struts/shocks that would work just as nicely as the yellows..
also with these springs and whatever struts are recommended what settings should i set it at if i want a less-non bouncy ride and tight steering (cuz i like to take 70mph S-turns )

Re: struts/shocks and settings
Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:23 PM
if the price is out of range.... wait and save some more money

the agx struts are meant for UP TO 1.5" drops, no more

koni's are meant for EVERYTHING which means large drops and coilovers

as for settings, there's soft to firm. set them to full firm and it will be really stiff

Sunday, September 18, 2005 11:44 AM
ok..where can i get some yellows for really cheap? does that one guy that sells alotta stuff on this site have them for cheap?
Sunday, September 18, 2005 11:57 AM
AGX is only under warranty up to 1.5" drop but can be used for slightly higher drops at your own risk (1.6-2). If you use them with your 1.7" drop, it will be really tough to replace under warranty.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:38 PM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:if the price is out of range.... wait and save some more money

Monday, September 19, 2005 6:03 AM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:
koni's are meant for EVERYTHING which means large drops and coilovers

true but konis also have their limits too. their not meant to be riden around on all day long w/ a 3" drop

Kardain wrote:AGX is only under warranty up to 1.5" drop but can be used for slightly higher drops at your own risk (1.6-2). If you use them with your 1.7" drop, it will be really tough to replace under warranty.

it wont be really tough because you wont be able to replace it, its past their warranty and its your fault so you cant get them replaced

your best bet is to get the yellows. while their more expensive they are well worth it. they will handle your drop nice, they are adjustable and dont have to remove the strut to adjust it. as for what setting, its really up to you. it differs from car to car. set it to something and go out for a quick drive, if you dont like it, change it and test it out again. i believe the cheapest place is through karo. if not, check w/ jim i know he sells them also.

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:05 AM
Right. The AGX will probably be ok on those springs, but for a few extra bucks you can get the Konis and know they will definitely be ok with them.

On top of that, if you ever decide to change things up in the future, the Konis will be the last struts you ever buy. They'll work with any good suspension setup you decide to try.

As Mike said... they have their limits too, but if you surpass them then you're doing something stupid to begin with, such as slamming the car lower than is really streetable.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search