what is the best air ride compreeor? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what is the best air ride compreeor?
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:01 PM
well i am getting rteeady to buy a new compressor cuz i have a just a %^#%ty 1/4 horse..... what would be the best compresser for a 6 gallon tank?

Re: what is the best air ride compreeor?
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:33 PM
ive never had any problems w/ my viair 450 and ive been usin' it for a year and a half to fill my 5 gallon tank

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:34 PM
oasis hp1000:p

1st 1st gen on air.....
Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:11 AM
i have 2 380's which i love

Norms Fenders
Holes in front bumper from plate bracket (custom)
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake/IC Pipes
Pcm4less Tune
Infinity Kappa Speakers
Dakota Digital EGT & Boost Gauage
DDM Probeam
JPM Shifter
Custom Kicker System By JPM
MBRP Heat Shield
Dejon Intercooler
AlkaControl Water/Meth Injection
Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:34 PM
well I'm in the market for air ride, quite a few guys in my club have bags on the minitrucks, and they all use Viair compressors. I'm thinking of using 2 5 gallon tanks and 4 Viair compressors, not sure which ones yet, but I want my tanks to fill quickly, that is why I'm buying 4. Plus it will look sweet. But as I stated Viair is what the guys around here are using.

Friday, September 09, 2005 10:52 PM
i hope you have a lot of extra space.
Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:44 AM
depends what compressor he is running. im assuming hes gonna be running all viair 380's. i have a 450 and its not really that big. you can easy put 4 in and hide them. its a little over kill but it will fill the tank up real quick. he can probably fill both 5 gallon tanks in about a min

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:51 AM
but 2 tanks will take up alot of space. i hope you dont want a system
Monday, September 12, 2005 11:41 AM
true but you dont need the back seat

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:05 PM
Well yes it will take up lots of space if you mount everything on the floor like many people on this site do.

You can hang two 5Gs from the deck and mount the compressors on the sides.
You can even mount the compressors under the back if you squeze them in and weld some brackets.

I am all that is man

Monday, September 12, 2005 11:45 PM
domeztik wrote:i hope you have a lot of extra space.

I do, it is all under the car. We are cutting out the spare tire well, and welding in sheetmetal to make the floor flat, then from under the car we are welding 1/2inch square tubing every 6 or so inches from side to side the full length. After that we are welding and bolting a second piece of FLAT sheetmetal so the bottom is smooth. After that I will mount both tanks in the center, and 2 compressors on each side. Depending on the price when I buy the compressors, that will decide on the size I get.

And about the SYSTEM, read my profile. That will all be finished up this winter, and I have 1 Kinetik 1400amp battery in the rear, so I will be adding 3 more. 4 of them should be plenty of power to run the entire system, and all compressors without breaking a sweat. I like everything in my car to be in pairs.

4 sets of components
4 W7's
4Compressors
4 batteries
2 tanks
2 amps

Some will say overkill, but when used in a larger number the 4 compressors will be more efficient, and last longer due to less strain. Plus imagine hom nice it will look under the car, I will have mirrors under the car at shows.

We were also thinking of using a Spray-in bedliner for trucks for both sides on the trunk floor.

And for reference, look how much room is in just the tire well, now make it all flat and raise it up to be level up top, and see how much room you gianed under the car, about the same as in the trunk if not more, and it will not hang down far at all. The tanks I'm getting are 24" long and 8" around.

I'm sure I'll be a pic whore when I start doing this all this winter, so you will all know how it is coming.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:00 PM
Great idea. ^^^^^^
I once had plans on doing the same thing but have snece lost all interest in my car.

Many car owners think its tabu to be putting all the air parts under the car but they must remember that we have been doing it under trucks beds for years.

I am all that is man

Friday, September 16, 2005 3:00 PM
Got my sleeve bags for the rear and my front sturt bags the other day, I'll keep you guys posted.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:21 PM
if you guys look around alittle theres an easier way of installing the system and hiding it.
I beleive its fbirides.com a mini truck site that sells a pancake 4 gallon tank with all the ports on the top, which are 4 1/2" ports, and 4 other various sized ports and an 1/8" port on the very bottom. The tank is 16" around and 8"s high but has legs on it, so in theory you could cut it down so it sits lower in the spare tire well, run all your hoses to your valves which would mount down there right along with the tank with a little creative work, then you could put your compressor under the car or tucked in a corner.
The site also has a 5 gallon tank and i beleve an 8 gallon tank that have 2 and 3 ports respectivly, so adding an extra compressor or a larger compressor, then running the fill line to the chrome show tank on top and a second line out the other end to the 4 gallon tank under the spare tire cover, you now have a very large capacity air system with very little clutter in the trunk.
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:44 PM
oh and the absolute best compressor you can run on your car is engine driven www.suicidedoors.com sells the kit, the compressor runs off your belt, allows you to keep all accessories and produces 9.1cfm and uses an electric clutch so its only on when needed and not dragging the engine down all that much. as far as i know thats more cfm than any compressor i've seen for cars yet.

J~
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:03 PM
oasis hp2000 100% duty cycle and 12.9 CFM

1st 1st gen on air.....
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:57 PM
wow, i wasnt aware those put that much out, almost makes you reconsider the high price tag since it would only have to run for like 20 seconds to fill a 10 gallon tank lol.

J~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search