In dire need of help. . . - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
In dire need of help. . .
Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:05 PM
alright so i had n alignment about 3 weeks ago. up to the beginning of the week, the car has felt fine. then it suddenly felt like it wanted to go off to the left with the wheel straight, but with it slighty turned to the right, it would stay straight. then i checked the tires and saw the front pass side had some wear on the inner tread. today i rotated the tires to see if that would make a difference but instead it made it worse. i was on the highway and anything above 50 the car felt like it was having seizure. it was shakin alot. now i think im gonna switch the tires back to the way they were. i have noi idea as what to do. do i need new wheel bearings or something. i dont see how its the alignment because its not too long ago that i had one.

please help me out i dont have a clue as to what to do

Re: In dire need of help. . .
Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:19 AM
You have to check the tires on how they are supposed to be rotated. Some tires should only be rotated from front to rear on the same side (passenger front to driver front, vice versa) and not side to side (passenger side to driver side, vice versa).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:21 AM
oops correction...this is what I meant to post:

NJHK wrote:You have to check the tires on how they are supposed to be rotated. Some tires should only be rotated from front to rear on the same side (passenger front to PASSENGER REAR, vice versa) and not side to side (passenger side to driver side, vice versa).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:37 AM
yea thats what they did. they took the fronts and put them on the rear. now anything over 50 my car feels unstable and shakes alot. could it also be from the car being a little uneven because i need to change the rear strut mounts and i think the back might be a little lower than it should be . also yesterday when i stepped on the gas a little i felt the rear go down a little.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:16 PM
i took it on the highway today to check it out again and the car felt horrible like it was goin side to side in the front. then i jus looked at the car itself and it looks lopsided. the passenger side is higher than the driver side. im guessin this is the problem and that i need the sturut mounts. i also checked the Cv joints and tie end rods and they looked alright so hopefully its the mounts that need to be change and then i will be ok

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:30 PM
Sounds like your toe is way off. Take it back and have them check it again. They should not charge you a dime either.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:36 PM
well then i hope the toe being off is the problem and that it can be solved after bringing it back to the shop. i dont want to keep driving around thinkin something is wrong with my front end

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search