Tire Shirping - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tire Shirping
Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:01 PM
I recently installed my kyb's and sportlines, but everyonce in awhile when i make a sharp right or left turn my back tires seem like they are making this tire squeeling noise. Im not sure what it is but its hella lous in parking garages and very annoying. Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome

Re: Tire Shirping
Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:43 PM
since its a new suspension setup i'd check out the bolts and what not and see if they're on correctly and if they're tight. event would know alot more about this than me and he could definitely have some more detailed answers. i am thinking though, the stiffer suspension might just be holding your car much better to the road but your tires might not be able to handle it as well so sometimes when you take a turn they'd lose grip. what kind of tires do you have? if its not that, i'd just pull off the rear wheels and see what's up. just my 2 cents.

Blown.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:50 PM
just a newb question did you get ur car alligned?

Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:08 PM
Tire pressure? Alignment? Worn out tires?

Jay

Friday, September 09, 2005 4:46 PM
air pressure in the tires ?

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:13 PM
Yeah. I'd check the pressure first. Tire wear. Traction rating. Alignment. Same as everyone else is guessing...

Monday, September 12, 2005 5:10 AM
stop driving so fast IN A PARKING LOT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:35 AM
i think it's tire pressure or worn tires. I know i just changed all 4 of mine on the Cav (which used to screech when turning a corned normally) and now it's gone. I knew also that they were going bald too.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:48 AM
yeah mine used to do that, i just replaced the front tires (they were two differenent sizes when i bought the car )

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:04 PM
My tire pressure is fine but my tires are a bit worn, I did rotate them about 3 months ago.. Now i probably need to get new back tires. Thanks for all ur suggestions...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search